July 11th Retailer Chat Recap!

Attachments

• look2.jpg
    look2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 247
Scott Greczkowski said:
back to talking about Pre Pay...

In August Pre Pay will have more programming available for it AT 120 AT 180, Dish Latinos in addition the 322 receiver will be available for use for pre paid for multi room pre paid use.

What is the advantage of prepay. Do you get a discount if you prepay the whole year or something like that.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now talking about Existing Customers.

Offers have been extended until Aug 2nd.

What are these offers?

Chop-Chop said:
What is the advantage of prepay. Do you get a discount if you prepay the whole year or something like that.
No this is where you buy prepaid cards (like pre paid cell phones) it actually costs a little more, but is good for people with bad credit or for those who do not want to enter into a contract.

What are these offers?
The 622 upgrade deal.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They are having a problem with the new rebate plan as customer are upset they are getting their 1st and 2nd month bills with no rebate credit, this is due to the fact that the customer must send in a form for the rebate and the time they need to process the form.

Scott, which form is this. I thought that once you return the 942 or the swap receivers that was it and Dish will credit the account.?:confused:

received my rebate without sending in any forms and got credit within less than 2 weeks

Sean Mota said:
Scott, which form is this. I thought that once you return the 942 or the swap receivers that was it and Dish will credit the account.?:confused:
Sean this is for new customers. :) No need to do it for the receiver swap.

But you do have to do it if you are a new customer that is getting the $10/mth credits for upgrading to the metal pack

Sean Mota said:

Rebate is for $10 or $20 off qualifying programming package for new and existing customers. Existing customers can get $10 off 10 months if they subscribe to the new DISH HD metal packages. The trade in credit for 921/942 owners is mutually exclusive from this redemption program.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It's funny after Darkman commented someone else posted that someone should post the retailer chats as torrents so they could see whats going on.

Someone from their staff deleted that post yet kept Darkmans hacking post.
yeah, it was deleted during the time I was typing up my reply.

I think we should start sending copies of those threads to the ceo address at Dish Network and see what they think.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
What's going on? Did they encrypt the retailer chats? :confused:

The reatiler channel has always been scrambled but one particular stealer/hacker (hmmm...wonder who?....**cough** darkman **cough**) was able to see them and give the info to other sites.

Now that Dish has sent a signal to nuke all the hack boxes, they can't view the scrambled channels :)

Some new TV ads are shown. "Why pay for what you don't want"
  • Because Voom is part of a package and no longer an add-on?
  • Because DishHD is reportedly no longer available as a stand-alone?
  • Because The Mouse et al won't have it any other way and Dish goes right along with it?
  • Because we are locked into 3 rigid tiers that can only be bought in succession (180 requires 120 which requires 60) and not independently (ex: 60 and 180, no 120)?
  • Because the closest thing to an alternative is DishFamily which was only added to subdue the morally outraged who were complaining loudest to Congress?
  • Because there are no genre theme options?
  • Because there is no a la carte for most of the "AT" channels?
Is there no end to the hypocrisy?

Bobabird said this, which rather amused me:

Because we are locked into 3 rigid tiers that can only be bought in succession (180 requires 120 which requires 60) and not independently (ex: 60 and 180, no 120)?

I think that helmet is a little too tight ;)

If you don't have 120 then you can't get to 180; the math doesn't work out :D

Let me 'splain it to you.

AT60 is the base.
AT120 adds in other channels to the base.
AT180 adds more channels to AT120.

If you mean to say that want to split the channels into discrete rather than bundling from 60 --> 120 --> 180 then you should probably express it differently :D

And don't take it too personally; some of this is said in fun!

Best,

Iceberg said:
The reatiler channel has always been scrambled but one particular stealer/hacker (hmmm...wonder who?....**cough** darkman **cough**) was able to see them and give the info to other sites.

Now that Dish has sent a signal to nuke all the hack boxes, they can't view the scrambled channels :)

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering what Scott and you guys were discussing there! I'm gonna have to try to catch a replay of the chat and see if there's any other details that we missed. It seemed like a total waste of time for the last 20 minutes I tuned into. Hopefully the first 25 minutes have something to talk about that maybe Scott missed.

I only missed the first 4 minutes, and caught it again later they opened talking about the NFL Network Channel and how they will be offering live NFL games on Dish Network (this was mentioned in a press release from Dish a few weeks ago) :)

Other than that there was nothing else

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Rebate is for $10 or $20 off qualifying programming package for new and existing customers. Existing customers can get $10 off 10 months if they subscribe to the new DISH HD metal packages. The trade in credit for 921/942 owners is mutually exclusive from this redemption program.

What If I change from a metallic package to a non-metallic and then sometime later I change back to a metallic package. Would I get the discount. :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)