Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Wow this one almost snuck by us! It's time for another Dish Network retailer chat!

As always we only cover the items of interest to you the consumers and do not discuss sensitive dealer information which may be discussed on the chat. (If you wish to discuss those issues and you are a dealer please check out our sister site at http://www.dishretailer.com)

(BTW I don't think you will be seeing this recap posted by hackers at the other sites) :)

We join in just a few moments late but they are going over the summer promos for new customers which we have talked about before.

Last edited:
They are having a problem with the new rebate plan as customer are upset they are getting their 1st and 2nd month bills with no rebate credit, this is due to the fact that the customer must send in a form for the rebate and the time they need to process the form.

Talking about the old HD package which again is available in PR and Alaska, they want folks to know that for people in those areas to subscribe to the HD package they MUST have a MPEG4 receiver.

Dish says 80% of the folks out there who have HD sets do not have HD tuners and are not receiving HD programming.

26% of the households in the US will have HD sets by the end of the year.

Dish says retailers should be selling at least 10% of HD each month, if they are not they are missing out. (Jim says 10% is low)

Some new TV ads are shown. "Why pay for what you don't want"

New segment today "Multicultural news" (Jim says he can't say that...)

A wman with a very heavy spanish accent is introduced. Its hard to understand what shes saying but she is telling us the history of Hispanics coming to the US. Hispanics hold $600 million in buying power. She says the Asian population has grown by 40%.

She announces a spanish retailer chat coming up.

She says Dish Latino has more soccer then any other provider.

She is continuing on naming off different international programming they have available.

She is done finally. (Phew!)

They say they are going to be opening up a bunch of advertising and make it available for retailers for all of their international channels.

Next up they are going talk about Pre Pay... (Yippie)

Ok now to 118.7.

They say that a lot of channels have moved and 118.7 will become their "Semi Permanent home"

The move to 118.7 for internationals has not affected existing customers, the only changes so far is for new customers.

They talk about the new Plus Dishes, the Plus means "Plus 118.7" :)

back to talking about Pre Pay...

In August Pre Pay will have more programming available for it AT 120 AT 180, Dish Latinos in addition the 322 receiver will be available for use for pre paid for multi room pre paid use.

Now talking about Existing Customers.

Offers have been extended until Aug 2nd.

Dish All Stars is coming which Ranks Customers based on how good a customer they are. It almost sounds like the DirecTV Hearts Program. More details later in August.

Time for Tech News with Leslie Harper. :)

Talking about the 622 TIB which is a problem with 622's that dont download their software. The fix is to reboot the receiver if stuck on error number 061 for more then 10 minutes.

Thats the end of Tech news (boo)

And with that they go to take questions, so for the most part no new information for the rest of the chat. If anything interesting pops up in the questions I will post them here.

Scott, any mention of RSN HDs or info from any of your contacts other than the blurp mention at Team Summit?

D* just made a big step using their beams, great for local coverage but eliminates the possibilities for HD coverage in the subscriptions like Extra Innings.

Nope no mention. However I did get a copy of Satellite Business News in the mail yesterday where the stuff from Team Summit is talked about.

I know it is coming and I even know an approxamate start date. Just waiting for a few more parts of the puzzle before announcing anything. :)

I guess that almost any news is good news.

I just hope they are aggressive at keeping up with D*. Everytime time I think about switching I am held back by E* receiver technology. They beat D* to market on MPEG4 DVR and offer the dual mode - priceless.

Yes they will be aggressive. :) I am also hearing some rumbling that a few more mainstream HD channels will launch at the same time as well. :)

It will be interesting to hear and see what the DirecTV HD pictures look like.

BTW the chat is now over, no interesting calls, with dumb questions is how do I enroll a customer in credit card auto pay and where can I order some Dish Network Shirt like you guys wear... (I am not kidding)

BFG said:
lmao

Ok then, I don't want to pay for the SD channels :)

I was with Charlie at Team Summit, and he was talking and said "How great is this, pick you pack and pick your price" So I told him I would take the HD gold package for $19.99 a month please. (he didn't find it funny and glared at me) :D

This is just step one in showing how much other sites depend on hackers for their information. They actually work to protect their hacker users so that the information can keep flowing.

Funny how it all works. :)

The protected hacker responded to Scott's comments here
Darkman said:
HAHA...
biggrin.gif

Scott is NOT completely accurate... but the search around the net somewhat, .. and the buzz around fta world as of late - would Surely bring some light on where he is coming from...

However, i still believe, that not all hacking is down currently

It's funny after Darkman commented someone else posted that someone should post the retailer chats as torrents so they could see whats going on.

Someone from their staff deleted that post yet kept Darkmans hacking post.

HEY DISH NETWORK, I GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU.... WHAT DO YOU THINK OF DBSTALK PROTECTING HACKERS?

BTW you replied you the message that the person posted about the torrents and quoted part of it as shown here. Even more proof that DBSTalk is working to protect hackers.

Attachments

• look1.jpg
    look1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 506

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)