July 1st NO NatGeo Mundo

holy_devil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Nat geo Mundo website announce that july 1st will be the launch of their channel and it will be available on Dish. The channel was uplinked but isn't available. I was hoping to watch Fenomenos today. What's going on?

I haven't heard anything about it being turned on, but when new channels are turned on they are turned on by 5PM ET... and that time hasn't happened yet.

What is it? I have Nat Geo in Espanol Max.

Nat Geo Mundo is a new channel in spanish, is going to be on ch. 861. Don't know in which Latino pkg is going to be in, but I supposed that its going to be in all Latino pkgs. Nat geo mundo have programming from Nat Geo USA and original programming from Latin America.

I apologize for missing the "What is it?" question. Here is the press release: National Geographic Launches Nat Geo Mundo, New Network For Multi Generational And Bicultural US Latinos - FOX International Channels

The press release states [just parts of it] :
National Geographic Networks and FOX Networks announced today the July 1 launch of Nat Geo Mundo, a nonfiction entertainment network for U.S. Hispanics that will feature high-quality original programming involving nature, science, culture and history.

Nat Geo Mundo has commitments to launch in more than four million homes this year through AT&T U-verse® TV, Cox, DISH Network, and Verizon FiOS.
Therefore, it seems as though the press release is stating that the network launched on July 1, but it stated that the launch on providers would be throughout this year. However, I did also see the uplink report with Nat Geo Mundo although it was unavailable at the time.

looks like it was turned on today

861 - NGMDO [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available
861 - NGMDO [MPEG4 SD] - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam changed to Available

Nice, at least I didn't have to wait months to get it. It would be better in HD, but HD spanish language channels are not part of Dish plans. Only four are available right now. Anyway I'm grateful for the addition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)