Just a Clue, Fox-hd is back up in engineering mode on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If they stay consistent with the 380s numbering: (no reason to think not)
ABC will be 86/87.
85 is PBS, which won't be on a national feed.
84 will stay black.
(No 384, 385 is PBS)

Would be nice to get WB/UPN, but it's not the reason for the gap of 84/85. (although, there is nothing to keep them from using the numbers for that unless they do E/W feeds for both.)

cotybroussard said:
Is the "engineering mode" that Fox HD is in right now the reason for the sound being so far off? The guy on tv gets through speaking before you even hear anything.

I haven't noticed any audio problems but there are some minor video problems present when the channel is showing SD material. I'm seeing artifacts of some kind (looks like a stream of water running down the edge of the picture on both sides) and other "sparkly" interference in the main body of the picture when some dark scenes are shown. The severity of both these problems seems to vary from time to time. When HD is on everything looks pretty good but perhaps a little more "grainy" than it should be. I don't see any of this on other channels so I have to believe it's peculiar to the Fox feed. The SD pictures also look very slightly stretched vertically, IMO. Hopefully they'll get these things ironed out as time goes along.

cotybroussard said:
House is what was on last night when I checked it and the sound was at least 3 - 4 seconds delayed. If it still that way today and all of yours is ok, does that make it a problem with my reciever?

What equipmentare you using?? Probably a Samsung 360.

i have the 360 and have these problems on Fox and on EspnHD on commercials. During live sports it is fine.

Call DirecTV and complain. They need to fix this bug in the 360.

I have the same problem. I would call to complain but I'm afraid that they may take away E&W HD channels. :no

TC

Yes I do have the Samsung. I will call D* today.

*update*: I just called and he said that this is the first that they have heard of this problem. He "escalated" my complaint to his supervisor and someone will get back with me within 24 hours.

hdtvtechno said:
Fox east 88 is on sat 101 transponder 8
and Fox west 89 is on sat 119 transponder 22
Good luck, Happy Surfing :)

hdtvtechno - do you have a link to that info on channels/transponders? I would like to compare my channels to their corresponding transponders.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)