just a quick question on audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snobo26

Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
So tell me why is it that standard TV is louder than HDTV ??
when i switch back to standard TV i have to turn the volume way down and the same when going to HD I have to turn the volume up so any Ideas why HD is so soft on sound??

I would say it depends on the TV and the sound setting. For me, regular stereo comes through louder then Dolby 5.1 and surround sound configurations. That tends to disperse the sound among the speakers and makes the initial feed softer. Receivers can also have an impact on the sound.

What setting is on your HDTV and how are you connected? HDMI or using RCA/red/white?

It's exactly what Brewer said. All the sound is coming through 1 or 2 speakers on regular stereo and on 5.1 it is dispersed through 6 speakers.

It's exactly what Brewer said. All the sound is coming through 1 or 2 speakers on regular stereo and on 5.1 it is dispersed through 6 speakers.

But that doesn't explain why you can go from one channel sd to another channel SD or HD and the sound is always much louder changing from channel to channel....

I know ...that wasn't the question, but I was still curious.

Jimbo

But that doesn't explain why you can go from one channel sd to another channel SD or HD and the sound is always much louder changing from channel to channel....

I know ...that wasn't the question, but I was still curious.

Jimbo

That is different. It's just like watching the same channel and the sound goes up when you get commercials.

That is different. It's just like watching the same channel and the sound goes up when you get commercials.

YES, That is the question, how to control that ?

TV's a while ago started to use Sound stabilization , but I have never seen one that worked the way one would hope.

Jimbo

I dont do sound through my primary TV. I use a digital feed to a receiver that then gives me suround sound choices. My wifes HR10-250 does digital to PCM since we have a TV that cant handle the digital surround setting on the Tivo. My units are centralized in my basement and feed to all my TV's. So I do see differences. One is typical RCA, one is HDMI and another is optical/coax to a receiver. I do think the non-surround RCA just tends to be louder since a just a basic stereo feed.

YES, That is the question, how to control that ?

TV's a while ago started to use Sound stabilization , but I have never seen one that worked the way one would hope.

Jimbo

Unless your TV does the Sound stabilization I don't think there is a way to control it. And if you feed the sound to a surround receiver the Sound stabilization on the TV won't do you any good. So I guess I am saying there really isn't a way to control it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slimline Fence Mount

Scott's DirecTV Diary Comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)