Just bought a new 3D TV

berck

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Pleasanton, CA (SF Bay Area)
I wasn't looking to get a 3D tv, but when I was debating the features, I ended up with one. I got a 55" Panny Plasma GT30. Ended up buying the glasses too. I'm impressed with the 3D. While I don't like wearing the glasses, the images look better to me than the 3D images in the theaters. Its unfortunate that the active glasses are so stinking expensive. Particularly when Panasonic doesn't even give one or two with the TV purchase.

Congrats! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wasn't looking to get a 3D tv, but when I was debating the features, I ended up with one. I got a 55" Panny Plasma GT30. Ended up buying the glasses too. I'm impressed with the 3D. While I don't like wearing the glasses, the images look better to me than the 3D images in the theaters. Its unfortunate that the active glasses are so stinking expensive. Particularly when Panasonic doesn't even give one or two with the TV purchase.

If you need more but aren't in a hurry, look for sales and closeouts. I got two with my projector but they sell for $150 (Sony) Ouch! However, recently CompUSA had a sale on the lighter weight rechargeable Sony's and I picked up two more for $25 a piece.

Thanks Ilay & Don.

I'm thinking about buying two more, but I'll hold off. Are the brands inter-changeable? It seemed no, but I haven't researched it much yet. I got two pair for $170 (Panny brand) at Amazon.

As of now they are not, but they are working on standardizing glasses. I use Xpand 103 with my Panny and love them. Much more durable and more comfortable.

S~

As of now they are not, but they are working on standardizing glasses. I use Xpand 103 with my Panny and love them. Much more durable and more comfortable.

S~

The new panny 3d glasses are very light and comfortable. I never tried their older one.

How many hours do you get out of your batteries for the Xpand 103? I might have to buy a pair and try them out.

The new panny 3d glasses are very light and comfortable. I never tried their older one.

How many hours do you get out of your batteries for the Xpand 103? I might have to buy a pair and try them out.
Yeah, the new glasses are much more comfortable than the older models.
My main complaint is them being infrared line of sight versus BT or something similar. Not a huge deal, but I have my set up high, and if I slump down in the couch, It can be blocked by the mantle.

my problem with the Panasonic is construction. I've only had the first gen, but they break easily. You'd pretty much have to sit on the Xpands to break them.

S~

I usually replace them about the 6 month mark or s, or when they start flickering.

S~

Go on eBay and check out the glasses sold by 3DTV Corp. I bought 4 pair for $160 for use with my Panny plasma. They are very light and much more comfortable than the OEM glasses, not to mention that they are MUCH less expensive. I've had them for 7 months so far and have had no problems. . :D

S~

Aparently, the newer Panny's aren't supported by the Xpand 103's. They came out with a new set recently called the 103-p2-g1. The company told me that. They are even cheaper than the normal 103's. I have a set coming next week to try them out.

I don't know why they wouldn't. If 1st gen Panny glasses work with current models, and Xpand works with first gen, it only makes sense they should.

S~

I don't know why they wouldn't. If 1st gen Panny glasses work with current models, and Xpand works with first gen, it only makes sense they should.

S~

Do they? Everything I've read on my TV says it wants the recent generation of Panny glasses. Xpand was who told me to purchase the newest glasses for my model TV. I did order a set of 103's, but sent them back after I got the word from Xpand. I had debated about just trying it first, but I didn't want to waste the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts