This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

JUST bought NEW FTA system! (n00b thread)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beachbum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
PBCH, FL
Whohoo, I was up late researching and by 10:00 I made an impulse buy on a complete FTA system on eBay! I think I narrowed everything down enough and got the best deal.

Here is what it came with:
-FortecStar Lifetime Ultra receiver
-Full function remote control
-31" / 76cm Winegard dish
-Dish mounting hardware for roof or wall installation
-.4 db high-gain Universal Linear LNBF *NEW*
-FREE Diseqc Switch
-FREE RS-232 Programming Cable
-RCA Satellite Installation Kit
All for: $215 and free shipping.

I'm happy, hopefully it ships soon.
I knew I had a get a blind scan receiver, so I knew the traxis was out of the question.
One thing that confused me was that the thing comes with a FREE switch, does it even need a switch? Its a single LNB isnt it.

Also, How many wires do I have to run to the receiver if I only have a dish? I have never really understood that, because you see these dual coax cables for dishes? Or is that wire just to go to a switch then only one wire goes to the receiver?
And if I get a motor later on, do I have to run another wire, or doesn't it intercept the wire from the LNB?

Cheers,
BB

I do whole heartedly apologize for the many duplicate threads I just started, I was unaware that there was a delay for the thread to show up! I am posting this message to give this thread a "bump" as the main thread in hopes of having the others deleted.

No problem, sometimes messages with FREE in it are marked as spam.

I didn't realize this until tonight, and have approved all messages which should have been accepted. Sorry about the problem

Scott Greczkowski said:
No problem, sometimes messages with FREE in it are marked as spam.

I didn't realize this until tonight, and have approved all messages which should have been accepted. Sorry about the problem
Thanks for input. <wipes tear from eyes>

One cable from the receiver to the LNBF will work, I would run two if you have the cable for it as a 2nd run could be used for a DBS LNB. Even if you add a motor at anytime one coax will work.

Alrightythen. I guess I will run a new wire, the dual grounding block wont be as lonely. And after all, I might as well do it now while there is no sheetrock!

I would also get a standard LNBF and signal meter to help find the sats. Most signal meter do no work on univeral LNBFs.

Good luck setting it up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.