Just called my local E* retailer, and guess what!!!!

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I called my local E* retailer to see if I could get a 721 through them and the E* promo.

You'll never guess what they told me. They said they never heard of a 721

No, It's Not that they didn't hear about the Promo

You read it correctly, b/c I typed it correctly.

THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF A 721 RECEIVER EVER EXISTING FOR E*

After I explained the unit to them, they still claimed it didn't exist.

Am I living in the twilight zone here. E* says I can only get the 721 through a retialer, but my local retailer thinks I am fabricating a new receiver.

I tell you, it is scary when the consumer knows more about a product than those that create, sell or install them.

Rookie it's possible the product had such a rocky start we wish not to know about it. It was out for almost a year before DISH stabilized the software to the point it was worth selling if you valued your customers. Now it is being cleared out at a low price and DISH is just getting around to releasing DISH Home software.

boba said:
Rookie it's possible the product had such a rocky start we wish not to know about it. It was out for almost a year before DISH stabilized the software to the point it was worth selling if you valued your customers. Now it is being cleared out at a low price and DISH is just getting around to releasing DISH Home software.

So are you saying that I would best be served to purchase the 510 instead of the 721?

Update: I got a call back from the retailer and they apparently went to their distributor and did get confirmation of the 721, but that the distributor recommended against it b/c it was a piece of junk and every single sold unit came back with a problem

HDTV Rookie said:
So are you saying that I would best be served to purchase the 510 instead of the 721?

Update: I got a call back from the retailer and they apparently went to their distributor and did get confirmation of the 721, but that the distributor recommended against it b/c it was a piece of junk and every single sold unit came back with a problem

Sounds like every other DISH receiver, doesn't it?

The 721 is a great receiver when it's working. I'm going on my third unit in a little over a year. The hard drive crashed on the first two units. But E* promptly replaced them under their $1.99 service plan.

721 good reciever for me

I have dad my 721 2 yrs this august After the first weeks no problems, Have had an occasional reboot maybe once a month but I love it Looking to get a second one.

Yes, the 721 has had some bugs and still have some but it is a great receiver, you do not notice the bugs most of the time, and it is one of the best they have built so far in my opinion, although it is expensive (unless you get the special $249 deal).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)