Just Canceled

PasTypique

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
Michigan
After over ten years of subscribing to Dish Network, I finally made the decision to cancel. I called and spent probably 30 minutes on the phone, partly listening to the retention "spiel". I was very firm and kept my demeanor polite. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. And, surprisingly, the credit will be put back on my credit card, instead of being mailed a check many months later. Hopefully, the service cancels properly and there is nothing more to do, other than sell my one Hopper 3 and three Joeys, all of which I own. :)

After over ten years of subscribing to Dish Network, I finally made the decision to cancel. I called and spent probably 30 minutes on the phone, partly listening to the retention "spiel". I was very firm and kept my demeanor polite. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. And, surprisingly, the credit will be put back on my credit card, instead of being mailed a check many months later. Hopefully, the service cancels properly and there is nothing more to do, other than sell my one Hopper 3 and three Joeys, all of which I own. :)
It shouldn't take 30 minutes to cancel.

What did they offer you to stay?

I just quit last month, after 21 years. I was spending about $100/month on Dish, and about $50/month on various streaming services. 99% of the time I am watching the streaming service, and not via the Hopper3.

I was using Locast to watch locals, but that just suspended operation. Really the ONLY thing I want TV for is to be able to watch my football team, but really, for $100/month, I'll listen to them on the radio, or go to the bar. I can get about 3/4 of their games via antenna.

Reactions: PasTypique
It shouldn't take 30 minutes to cancel.
It took me 45 minutes to cancel Suddenlink internet....Over and over I was told what a big mistake I was making...The best line was I was going to get unlimited everything for the lowest price.....Problem was I had no internet for over 3 weeks, every tek came out and said they couldnt do a thing to fix it.....And they dont give refunds for lack of service!.....LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts