Just checking..anyone get the $100 MIR yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm still waiting as well. I sent my form in on September 1. I know this because I called Directv last night asking where my rebate was. The CSR said she saw a note on my account asking what my confirmation number was. This was the number you have to write on the rebate form itself. I did this on August 31 and I mailed the rebate in the next day.

Bottom line is after 15 minutes or so of the csr talking with her sup. they told me to wait another couple of weeks and if I hadn't gotten it by then to call them again. :rolleyes: This is strange because when I first signed with Directv they got the $100 DVR rebate to me in about two weeks. It was the fastest rebate I'd ever gotten.

I'm not concerned to much that Directv won't honor the rebate though. If all else fails I'll just call the number above.

I waited 2 months and gave up..........called last night and got a $100 credit to my account

After 9 weeks, still no rebate. Called them and they gave me $10 credit for 6 months and 3 months of free Starz for the inconvinience while I still wait for the rebate. :yes Now, that's good customer service.

CWS_kahuna said:
Still have not gotten mine, guess I'll have to call the number for a credit.

How are you guys getting the 100 dollar credit I have called 3 times and each one gives me the same answer we cant credit your account 100 dollars we can only send out a check

The first time I called they told me they couldn't credit my account. I called a couple days later and the person I talked to applied the credit to my account within a few minutes. You just have to keep calling until you get someone who will give you the credit.

Chris

I called 8 weeks after sending in the stupid form and got a $100 credit on my account.

just called on mine - they said 6-8 weeks (sent Mid Sept) so calling back in 2 weeks if nothing shows up. Didn't have any info but said no notes would be put in until the check was mailed.

After waiting 3 months, called last night and got the $100 credited to my account.

On the 29th of September I sent, by certified mail, my rebate form in. Before i did this, I made copies of everything.
On October 3rd it was signed for, by a 'Julen B', at the Mira Loma, CA post office.. Bad handwriting and I can't make it out. Whoever signed for it was supposed to print their name below the signature, but they didn't.
I called this morning asking about it. I received all kinds of apologies but nothing else, except for a suggestion to resubmit the form if it hasn't arrived in the next two weeks.
I hate to send it by certified mail again as this is gradually eating away at a rebate I may never see.

This is classic. I received another form in the mail yesterday for the rebate. Hell, I sent mine in over three months ago ,so I emailed D and told them to send me the money, not another form!! They replied to send in this form for my rebate! Incredible. I guess I will have to call and speak to someone regarding a credit.

It has been a month now since I installed my R15 and still no rebate form in the mail. Is this form anyplace on the web to download?

i called the number 1-800-824-9081 and spoke with a very pleasant csr. she looked into my rebate, of course there were no notes about the previous 2 conversations i had with csr's. she then looked at my account and saw that i got my hd dvr in early sept. based on the fact that it has been over 3 months since i sent in my rebate form, she issued me a $100.00 customer retention credit in addition to my rebate being sent via check. she stated that there were backups in D** sending out the rebates due to such a high volume of people getting the deal. (sounds like bad accounting to me) so if you havent gotten yours, try to press them for additional compensation while you wait for your rebate. they certainly make it known to us when they want our money in a timely fashion!!!!!:mad:

Called the same number above. Placed on hold for a few minutes, 'researched' for a few minutes more, then issued the $100 credit directly to my bill. He asked that I be honest and rip up the check if it shows up. These retention reps are great - polite, empathetic, knowledgable. They should clone all the other CSRs from that pool.

I'd bet they probably hired some 3rd party company or temp employees to process the rebates who can't keep up with the volume.

I purchased my HD DVR back in August and have made several calls to customer service informing them I did no receive my rebate with no satisfaction until just a few moments ago. The first CSR that I spoke with said they definately would not issue a credit to my account for the $100. I referenced this forum telling her that was odd because it seems as though several other customers who also had not received their rebate were given credit on their account. She transfered me over to a supervisor who immediately credited my account.

Thanks SatelliteGuys

Ordered the system last night (12-22-05).
I tried ordering a system online but it would not go thru.
I called DTV CS, I was a customer with DirecTV from '97-'01. I'm still in their system as a existing customer but inactive.
The gal I spoke with transfered me to another gal in accounts. I spoke with her, she looked up my old account history.
She put me on hold for a couple of minutes to speak to her supervisor.

She was able to offer 1 DVR and 3 standards or an HD and 3 standards.
Free handleing and shipping.
INSTANT REBATE NOT A MIR!
Free install.

I took the DVR system. (I don't own a HDTV yet)
$5.00 per month discount for Total Choice for 6 months.
$5.99 DVR service fee waived for 6 months.
Free Showtime for 6 months then it will automatically turn off.

Any other Premium movie package for $2 per month per package for 6 months
I didn't take her up on that offer though. Not really interested in the movie channels. Had them before and never really watched them. It seems the movie providers run the same movies over and over for years on end.
Install is set for Jan. 5th.
I feel DTV gave me a good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)