Just Dumped DISH! When do they send 'THE BOX' to you?

nwoidaho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Boise, Idaho
After 4+ years, I decided to jump to the online service for a cheaper price. Paid the final balance. They told me 'A RETURN BOX' would be arriving soon to send back my receiver, LNBF, remotes and smart card. This was 3 weeks ago. How long does it take them to send you 'THE BOX?' I don't want to pay for DISH's equipment at all. Is it 30 days before they charge you for the equipment?

After 4+ years, I decided to jump to the online service for a cheaper price. Paid the final balance. They told me 'A RETURN BOX' would be arriving soon to send back my receiver, LNBF, remotes and smart card. This was 3 weeks ago. How long does it take them to send you 'THE BOX?' I don't want to pay for DISH's equipment at all. Is it 30 days before they charge you for the equipment?

You can send it back yourself if you want. Just google "Dish equipment return addresses." If I remember correctly, they waive the return shipping fee when you do it yourself. Otherwise, I think you pay $20 for their label.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Which receiver is now obsolete? Seeing it was perfectly good to collect a subscription fee 3 weeks ago, I'm just curious.
I'm sure it worked just fine right now. Dish just wasn't interested in refurbing it and putting in someone else's home.... I had the same thing when I changed out a 301 to a 211 many years back. Dish told me to recycle the 301....

I think it's $10 for the equipment return fee.

They are probably delaying shipping you a return box in hopes you might change your mind and so they can solicit you to reconnect.

Once you send the hardware back, it's more difficult to get you back as a customer.

I think it's $10 for the equipment return fee.

They are probably delaying shipping you a return box in hopes you might change your mind and so they can solicit you to reconnect.

Once you send the hardware back, it's more difficult to get you back as a customer.
Obviously you didn't read Matt's answer. It is an old, obsolete, receiver and they don't want it back. Your BS snipes are getting really old!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Obviously you didn't read Matt's answer. It is an old, obsolete, receiver and they don't want it back. Your BS snipes are getting really old!

So why charge $10 for the equipment return fee if they are not getting the receiver back?

So they charge the customer a $10 fee, so the customer has to dispose dish networks obsolete garbage on their own?

But if Dish did want their garbage back, they do delay the shipping by several days so they can try to win back the customer.

The $10 return fee came from your mind. It cost the OP nothing....
Read Post number 3...
It cost the OP nothing, Because he had to get Dirt involved.

So a normal customer is automatically charged the return fee according to DIRT no matter what...

Read Post number 3...
It cost the OP nothing, Because he had to get Dirt involved.

So a normal customer is automatically charged the return fee according to DIRT no matter what...
Read post #4, it says it was an obsolete receiver that they don't ask for return.... DIRT had nothing to do with it except to explain why no box arrived...

Read post #4, it says it was an obsolete receiver that they don't ask for return.... DIRT had nothing to do with it except to explain why no box arrived...
Thats is not the case Normally.
As post 3 indicated the Fee is Automatically assessed.

If this was a VIP the fee would have been automatically been triggered as soon as the receiver was deactivated.

So the fee is real.
Its not something Claude made up like you indicated.
Post 4 Dirt clearly investigated the OPs account, otherwise Dirt would not have known why the OP didn't receive a box.

And at that point any fees would have been dismissed.

The $10 equipment return fee is not applied since we do not ask for the equipment back. This is automatically done by our system and I made no changes to the account, just gave correct info. If we do ask for equipment back we charge $10 per box, keep in mind that often more than 1 receiver can go in a box (like 1 Hopper can also take a few Joeys).

Reactions: darrengs and Tampa8

And we have a winner. Matt made a good point above, more than one receiver can sometimes be put into one box if there is to be a return.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
To better answer the question in the thread title:

I deactivated a leased Hopper last month. It took Dish two weeks just to send me an email to remind me that the Hopper needed to be returned, stating that they would send me another email when the return kit actually shipped. A few days after that, I got the second email. A couple of days after that, the return box arrived. So, the answer is: almost three weeks.

For those who are keeping Dish service, and simply need to return a leased receiver, my advice would be to simply reactivate the receiver if you haven't received the return kit within thirty days. This way, you can avoid the fee for not returning the receiver. Then, you can deactivate the receiver again, and start the process all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)