Just found this sight. (smartcard errors)

Xbox_360_life

Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
Hi guys I've been lurking for a couple of days now and finally signed up.. This sight is awsome. But im having a problem that I cant figure out. I keep getting smartcard errors on my 625. I will be watching tv and the next thing i notice is that a message will pop up saying please insert your smart card. Im thinking its a defective reciver, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with this. Thanks for your help!

:clap Hey dave! Glad you finaly made it over here and WELCOME TO SATGUYS!!!!!!!! :) Im thinking its just a bad reciver... Was that the 625 you moved with? if so something probebly got jumbled up inside, give dish a call and schedual a TC and swap it out.. But anyhow.. catch you later bro...

I see your on, Thought your at school. Yea i will give dish a call and let them know so I can swap it out. I was wondering if it was mine or if it was a reciver issue. I sent you an email by the way.

yeah, if it is saying anything about the smart card it is a defective receiver... the 625 had a built in smart card so there is no physical way it could be loose... call dish, and have them replace it

Before that - have you tried a hard-reboot (pull power plug)?

Have you called E* tech supprot and maybe getting a fresh authorization hit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts