Just found this sight. (smartcard errors)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Xbox_360_life

Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
Hi guys I've been lurking for a couple of days now and finally signed up.. This sight is awsome. But im having a problem that I cant figure out. I keep getting smartcard errors on my 625. I will be watching tv and the next thing i notice is that a message will pop up saying please insert your smart card. Im thinking its a defective reciver, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with this. Thanks for your help!

:clap Hey dave! Glad you finaly made it over here and WELCOME TO SATGUYS!!!!!!!! :) Im thinking its just a bad reciver... Was that the 625 you moved with? if so something probebly got jumbled up inside, give dish a call and schedual a TC and swap it out.. But anyhow.. catch you later bro...

I see your on, Thought your at school. Yea i will give dish a call and let them know so I can swap it out. I was wondering if it was mine or if it was a reciver issue. I sent you an email by the way.

yeah, if it is saying anything about the smart card it is a defective receiver... the 625 had a built in smart card so there is no physical way it could be loose... call dish, and have them replace it

Before that - have you tried a hard-reboot (pull power plug)?

Have you called E* tech supprot and maybe getting a fresh authorization hit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)