Just Getting Started

Status
Please reply by conversation.
skew on the menu is not needed with KU only....you can leave it at 45 or -45 :)

You only need to skew the LNb outside if its a fixed dish. Motorized, you point it straight up and down and the motor skews it for you as you move along to each satellite

Yea pictures would be great.My plan for friday was to use lag screws to mount a tripod to a pallet I am laying out on my back deck.Then using a galvanized metal fence post to mount the motor.Does anyone think this will be a problem ? I should be able to get the post plum and I could weigh down the pallet with cinder blocks if it has any movement.I agree mounting on the roof is out of the question and I plan on selling my house this spring, so this is the reason for this type of set up.

Hey John, if it is a standard tv antenna mast tripod, the galvanized fence post is just a big hair to big, that was my first choice also. We walked all around Menards trying to find something heavier than standard TV mast to fit inside the tripod. the 1.25" Wheatland Electrical Metal Tubing fits perfect and is pretty sturdy. It has an OD size of just shy of 1.5". I will post some pics tonight if I get some time or tomorrow. It was $13.00 here for a 10' piece versus $7.00 for galv fence post 6' piece. I just cut mine down to 5". I hope to be selling my house too, hence the "portable setup" .
Thanks Iceberg, kinda fiqured that but had to check to be sure. Mark

Last edited:
No it's a satellite tripod.I have an 18" on it right now for my Directv sub.I am more concerned about how much movement the motor will cause with the weight of the DS2076,SG2100 and the QPH-031.I think bolted to the pallet with some weight to hold it down I should be ok.

If your dish clears the ground beneath the pallet and the pallet itself you should be okay. The motor will lower the position of the dish relative to the ground, and a tripod for an 18" dish may not be tall enough. You'll have to experiment to see, but it might work :)

Got it, My pole was out of plumb after hanging motor and dish, prob fixed. I now can go from AMC3 to G10 . And we seen our first Bloomberg news feed , Man that was worth the cost of admission alone. Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Finally going to join FTA

What is True South Satellite in Austin TX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)