Just got a bud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradystjames

Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
hello everyone, I been out of the c band game for about ten years. Just picked up a nice 8 footer. What would you suggest for a lnb or lnbf?also what receiver? Do the newer ones also move the dish? Tnx in advance!

Welcome back to the hobby!!!
I would recommend the Titanium C1-PLL LNBF if you want to go the route of the LNBF.
You can purchase one from here or here.

No the receivers will not move the dish. You will have to locate a Vbox/gbox or Titanium has a real nice mover called the ASC1.
If you go the route of LNB and stick with a polar rotor the ASC1 will also control that for you. ;)
You can also get the ASC1 from the links above.

Tnx! Thinking maybe I should stick with a c band lnb and maybe a separate dish for ku . Thoughts ?

I use a ten foot dish for C/Ku. It's not easy or cheap and ultimately not perfect but very acceptable for my purposes. :)

Same here I prefer two separate dishes one for C-Band and on for Ku. Ole Magic has a more expensive set-up for C/Ku on the same dish, so he get more favorable results. :D

Reactions: iBoston
Ok think I'll do that! What kind of receiver should I get? Can I use one for both and use a switch ?

The Linkbox 9000i is a good choice it can be gotten from here.

Sure! You can get a 22k switch or a DiSEqC 4X1. I like the latter better, because you can easily expand later on.
Ok Kool! I heard maybe power vu is something I should be looking into? Any truth to that? And does link box pick that up?

As for receivers, it depends on how much money you want to spend. You can buy a inexpensive receiver that will be 90% for you, or you can spend couple hundred bucks and get a receiver that 99%. But, it has a lot to do with taste. Let us know your budget, and then we can start throwing ideas at you.

Ok Kool! I heard maybe power vu is something I should be looking into? Any truth to that? And does link box pick that up?
99% of power vu is encrypted. You probably heard that from a hacker. We don't do any hack stuff here. What you heard is hacking, and is illegal.

Reactions: iBoston
As for receivers, it depends on how much money you want to spend. You can buy a inexpensive receiver that will be 90% for you, or you can spend couple hundred bucks and get a receiver that 99%. But, it has a lot to do with taste. Let us know your budget, and then we can start throwing ideas at you.
I'm not really restricted , just would like to take a look at some different options. And weed out the ones that's not really great. Like I said I been out of the game for awhile.

99% of power vu is encrypted. You probably heard that from a hacker. We don't do any hack stuff here. What you heard is hacking, and is illegal.
Oh really? Didn't know, sorry. I heard that from a retired friend of mine in Florida. Said he bought a whole system there for 1000 bucks and said it was " power vu" he's definitely not a hacker.

Oh really? Didn't know, sorry. I heard that from a retired friend of mine in Florida. Said he bought a whole system there for 1000 bucks and said it was " power vu" he's definitely not a hacker.
No worries, just making you aware. :)
Yes, there are legal ways to watch power vu, a lot of hackers though, so I have to be on alert. ;)

Reactions: Brandon Currin
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts