Just got a call from Dish

Harold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Southeast KY
I switched to Direct over the weekend. Dish calls me today. She starts telling me they are the HD and dvr leader. I asked her to tell me how they are the HD leader when they have less HD than Direct. She said they have more. I pointed out this forum and the list we have showing the HD channels carried on both. She said I was wrong and that I needed to go to dishnetwork's site. She did not want to hear about this forum and got very defensive. And for my local HD channels she said if I had a built in tuner it woud "convert" my locals to HD. :haha I asked why Dish does not tell us their plans to give us some hope. She said company buisness was none of my buisness. :eek: I asked her to compare apples to apples and tell me who could give me the most HD channels, them or Direct. She said they could. :eek: Why does dish lie so much? I may have went back to Dish at some point, but after that call I'm not so sure. Their tactics for getting customers back really sucks. Call and argue with the customer and call them a liar. Yea, that will work. :rolleyes:

For people that have switched to Direct or any other provider and Dish calls, just hang up. Unless you want a good laugh or you want to go round and round with a clueless Dish rep.

Those people just work off a script. Sounds like she was just making things up on the fly when you caught her off guard.

I wonder if they work on commission. :rolleyes:

The sad part is that they probually really do not know any better. Your right they just read off a script some marketing jackass made up. Most probually do not even know what HD is.

I would start going through the list of HD channels and saying, "Do you offer Sci-Fi HD? No? DirecTV does." After about 5-10 of those, they might get the idea. :)

For people that have switched to Direct or any other provider and Dish calls, just hang up. Unless you want a good laugh or you want to go round and round with a clueless Dish rep.

I haven't switched from Dish yet, but I started to downsize my programming on Dish, in anticipation of switching over to Direct after my NHL CI expires. I wonder if I will get a call asking why I dumped hbo and starz.:eek:

I'd rather someone record these conversations so we can shame DISH into fixing these issues. This might let DirecTV have a video of the lies that will be told. Reminiscent of the video of the cable installer falling asleep on the job.

I'd rather someone record these conversations so we can shame DISH into fixing these issues. This might let DirecTV have a video of the lies that will be told. Reminiscent of the video of the cable installer falling asleep on the job.

Or post it on U Tube like the guy several years ago that tried to cancel his AOL service. After that one got posted and made national news, AOL changed the way they did cancellations.:eureka

Yeah in the long run it will not matter due to Dish and Direct will have about the same amount of HD. But yes it seems she was clueless on what really is going on..

I don't ever talk to telemarketers -- my time is much too valuable to me.

But if I were to start, I would advise them to take up a more reputable and useful occupation, such as prostitution or drug dealing.

I love talking to telemarketers.....I always turn the TV up extremely loud and make them repeat things over and over......

My favorite prank to do is the old "What did you say again?" and then no matter what they say over again just yell NO! NO! NOT THAT! It's hilarious to hear them do their script over and over while you just keep saying "NO NOT THAT IT WAS BEFORE THAT!"..."NO BEFORE THAT!"

Or another good one is to tell them you are interested but you are moving to Africa to do some relief work so could they send you some info to your new address....Then proceed to make up the longest address you can imagine and try to make them call it back to you.....I love it....

My brother always uses soundboards from the internet.....Nothing like a telemarketer trying to sell something to Joe Pesci or Tony Soprano....

I love talking to telemarketers.....I always turn the TV up extremely loud and make them repeat things over and over......

My favorite prank to do is the old "What did you say again?" and then no matter what they say over again just yell NO! NO! NOT THAT! It's hilarious to hear them do their script over and over while you just keep saying "NO NOT THAT IT WAS BEFORE THAT!"..."NO BEFORE THAT!"

Or another good one is to tell them you are interested but you are moving to Africa to do some relief work so could they send you some info to your new address....Then proceed to make up the longest address you can imagine and try to make them call it back to you.....I love it....

My brother always uses soundboards from the internet.....Nothing like a telemarketer trying to sell something to Joe Pesci or Tony Soprano....

Even better is when the foreign telemarketers don't know of the characters you're pretending to be... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)