Just got a call from Voom in which I was told Voom won't end at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Well, I just received a call from a higher up tech guy at Voom regarding the problem I reported that I can't get any program guide data for my local channels. I said that at this point, it probably doesn't make a lot of difference that I am not getting the program guide data since Voom is shutting down at the end of the month, and he assured me that they will not be shutting down, and are in a transition state. I asked about the web site saying they are shutting down at the end of April, and he brought up the fact that it also said it was shutting down by the end of March, too. It is very strange that they are saying they will not be shutting down when everything else says they will be.

..ME TOO!! I called and inquired about the website stating that it will shut down...but said something REAL STRANGE...she said.."KEEP checking the website for future service...." ..and I mean she REALLY stressed this about checking the website....

NOT gonna get too excited...but I just don't understand why they would CONFIRM death, yet the still want me to check the wrist for a pulse....this beyond teasing...this is more like cruel and unusual....

Even if they do continue with service this kind of crap will keep me from staying on with their service.

...now it's a question of whether I should believe what I SEE(voom.com)....or what I HEAR(.."PLEASE check the website for future service")....ya know...if VOOM were a beautiful woman...after all the heartache and confusion, I would have told her to kiss my A#% by now.....LOL

CVC just doesn't want anymore to be associated with Voom, Rainbow DBS, etc...
That doesn't mean that somebody can't magically appear and continue operation separatly from CVC.
CVC drops, VoomHD LLC picks it up ? :)

salsadancer7 said:
...now it's a question of whether I should believe what I SEE(voom.com)....or what I HEAR(.."PLEASE check the website for future service")....ya know...if VOOM were a beautiful woman...after all the heartache and confusion, I would have told her to kiss my A#% by now.....LOL

Damn straight. Ain't no p#$% that good.....

mikew said:
It is interesting that www.voomllc.com now redirects you to voom. Sounds like Charles has given up.

Voomllc was redirecting since the on-off episode in february. Nothing changed. So, don't read anything into that. Nothing different as a month ago. It always was redirecting after the Chuck-Jimmy 'website' fight.

JOVERSTR2....amen brother!! LOL...you are preachin' to the choir....but once ya leave her...ya see her down the street.....damn do you want her back....!

MarcelV said:
Voomllc was redirecting since the on-off episode in february. Nothing changed. So, don't read anything into that. Nothing different as a month ago. It always was redirecting after the Chuck-Jimmy 'website' fight.
Nothing differenT?? this time it was a UNANIMOUS vote by the cablevision board to shut voom down.. Last time I thought it was a split vote

A small hope…

Reports are coming in all over the forum about Voom CSR claiming that everything is business as usual and NOT to consider the Web Site just yet. They keep stressing a Transitional Period!

I have an upgrade scheduled for this Tuesday and CS assured me that it would take place, and that I could take the day off from work without worrying.

We’ve gone through all of this before, including the Voom Web Site announcing the end, but we (the customers) never got an official announcement from Voom and everything has continued business as usual, so until we get an official word from Voom, addressed to its customers, I wont throw in the towel. :D

I hate to be the glass is half empty guy, but all of the sudden we are listening to CSR's?? For the past year and a half everyone on this board agreed that CSR's spew pure nonsense and are not to be trusted. I'm not saying it's not possible for Voom to escape the fire again but to go off of a CSR's word is just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)