just got dish dvr not working

asa_low12

Original poster
May 27, 2009
south
I just got a dish reciever and hooked it up to the old lines/satellite that were in my house from when we had dish about 5 years ago. It's an hd reciever and has dvr but I can't get the dvr to work. None of the dvr related buttons on the remote will do anything when I push them. It took me a while just to get the satellite running but after a switch test and deleting some satellites it works fine except for the dvr.

:welcometo satelliteguys.us

-First, what model "DVR" is this? if the labels or doors are missing you can determine this from the system info screen (Menu 6 -1 - 3). You should see a screen similar to the one below:

sysinfo-1.jpg

This is the system info screen from a ViP622 DVR. The HD afterwards is not part of the model number.

Second, if your dish is indeed 5 years old you are not getting all of your HD channels. If you are willing to post a more accurate location (just south doesn't cut it) we can recommend the correct dish for getting your all the CONUS HD channels and your local channels in HD (Where available). There is also a very good chance that a 5 year old dish may have some LNB Drift issues (indicated on the above screen by a red warning message about selecting details after Status: instead of the nice green "Good"), and is more than likely not compatible with the dual tuner capabilities of all HD DVRs via a single cable.

dvr

It's a vip211. Arkansas. No I haven't called dish. I have working channels and went through customer service on the dish and added the outdoor channel. My neighbor actually just got dish in her house. She got 5 recievers. I've been looking at getting recievers through the free for all package but borrowed one of hers to test the equipment that was already here to make sure I wasn't going to have to spend a ton to have satellite. So far it's not looking good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)