Just got E-MIL That XM everything pack is going up

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
I just got an E-Mail that XM Everything pack is going up $2.00 upon renewal. If I renew now I can save $2.00---

I called XM and told them to shove it I believe that SAT RADIO IS NOW DEAD.

How many will renew their subscription or do what I did and cancel?

The price is going up on additional subscrptions only not the main one the 1st one'll remain the same price wise.[additional XM Everything +Best Of Sirius subscriptions are going up from $6.99 to $8.99]

The price is going up on additional subscrptions only not the main one the 1st one'll remain the same price wise.[additional XM Everything +Best Of Sirius subscriptions are going up from $6.99 to $8.99]

Seems a bit excessive and I think it will discourage business. I was considering buying a portable unit to add a second sub to my existing Honda Accord sub. Now I think I might buy the portable and cancel the Honda and just use the portable in the car and house. Also got an email saying I was losing access to Internet unless I want to pay $2.99 more per month. They claim they are improving the quality of the Internet to justify the added cost. The also offer to let me keep internet for free if I add an additional commitment to my sub. I'm not sure of what the future of Sat radio is and i don't want to get burned if it dies completely. I have 2.5 years left on my sub already. I also and curious to know what others will do.:confused:

I hear Sirius subs will still not have access to MLB. It isn't going to be offered in any packs. That SUCKS

It's been that way for years with Sirius. I guess they could not pony up to the MLB for the Sirius unit subs. MLB ought to be have been a premium option for Sirius units at least, though it may have been too high a price point. Of course I too wanted baseball but had a old Sirius Sportster installed in the car. I switched to XM. XM has better repeaters in more suburbs and better reception with its portable [Inno]. Look online for a refurb radio at this point. Combined receivers come out later this year. Note, nobody knows what the future will be for SiriusXM, [this even applies to B of A], but somebody will buy them and I'd bet the music and MLB will still be there. SiriusXM just needs to restructure the debt, most of which was XM's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)