Just got my HR20, silly question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

330cic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Replaced our HR10-250 yesterday.

On the old Tivo I could swap between the two tuners, each had a 30 minute buffer. One or both could be recording.

On the new unit it appears that I have one tuner for "watching" with a 90 minute buffer, and another tuner for recording (although it says I can record 3 shows at once).

Do I only have buffering on a single tuner, or do I need to actually record on another to get the same effect?

Thanks...

On the old Tivo I could swap between the two tuners, each had a 30 minute buffer. One or both could be recording.

On the new unit it appears that I have one tuner for "watching" with a 90 minute buffer, and another tuner for recording (although it says I can record 3 shows at once).

Do I only have buffering on a single tuner, or do I need to actually record on another to get the same effect?

Thanks...

The unit has Dual buffers, one on each tuner, but the buffer stops when you change a channel...
You cannot do like you could with the old set up, but you can record and swap to the other tuner and do it that way, then delete the recorded info you were recoding if you don't want it.

D* is looking into this, maybe down the line....
You can record 2 shows at once, but cannot change to another channel while both tuners are recording.
The instruction book says you can, but you cannot.

Jimbo

Watching/recording a 3rd channel I think has/will have something to do with the OTA channels.

But that's comming from a "clueless as to how anything works" installer. Sad but true.:rolleyes:

The unit has Dual buffers, one on each tuner, but the buffer stops when you change a channel...
You cannot do like you could with the old set up, but you can record and swap to the other tuner and do it that way, then delete the recorded info you were recoding if you don't want it.

D* is looking into this, maybe down the line....
You can record 2 shows at once, but cannot change to another channel while both tuners are recording.
The instruction book says you can, but you cannot.

Jimbo

Thanks. The instr book also says the ethernet port is for "future use" but the future is now :D

Thanks...

Heres where you can get more info

Dual Buffers - DBSTalk.Com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)