Just got my Moto HD-DVR "9012" MOXI

SpringsGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Colorado Springs
Just got my adelphia hooked up today and of course i new the analog channels were going to be bad, the HD is watchable definetely, Digital channels are comparable to Voom's SD.. But my question is, is there another way to wire up my setup to improve the analog just a lil bit??? Would greatly appreciate the Help.....

On some sets, composit video for some reason looks better than the other hookups. Something about it having filters the other inputs don't. You might want to give it a try. Couldn't hurt.

SpringsGuy said:
But my question is, is there another way to wire up my setup to improve the analog just a lil bit???.....

Does you set allow direct cable feed? If so, split the cable feed before the Moxi and run a separate feed direct to your set for the analog. That's what I've done. It the way the Moxi handles the analog signals that makes for the horrible picture.

Not being a tech person and just got adelphia with 3 HDDVR and as mention the pq on analog is lousy but what do you mean by Moxie? any help would be appreciated.

Moxi is the current Motorola HD-DVR receiver that most of the cable companies are using today. I just got mine installed yesterday as well. 1 Moxi and 1 regular HD receiver for the other room. Free install, leasing everything and 2 more HD channels than the two stingy satellite pigs :)

I watch what little SD I do through my Panny DVR, it has processing that cleans up the SD quite well. In fact, I record Survivor OTA Analog as it looks better than the digital channel in SD.

thanks for the input guys, sorry i haven't responded recently back to your reply's... I have playing around with this stupid box.. All kinds of issues on top of the poorrrrrr analog pic i am recieving, and some supposed digital channels are pixelating! Well Opticall sounds keeps on wacking out on me having random sound drops, won't let me record more than a whopping 10 hours of HD on the box, menu is extremely slow when movies are saved on hard drive..Oh and of course DVI is not enabled on it either! Hmmm shadow are you having any better luck with your box????

SKru my TV is a Hitachi 57'' HDtv "F500" it has 3 coax outs.. Antenna A, Ant B, and a feed that say TO CABLE BOX, So with those options any wiring solutions and also would like to wire Picture in Picture properly...I forgot to add that when cable installers came they found that Voom installers had spliced my cable wire coming into the house in 3 differnet spots and as far as i know the cable installers only repaired 1 splice outaa 3 could that be contributing to my problems with horrible PQ? And do you think the installers should of repaired all 3 lines, i know they didn't even want to repair 1 of them because they spent so long just trying to get the MOXI BOX to work then when they got it to work analog channels just came in as snow until they repaired 1 splice i think then picture came in on analog channels a lil fuzzy and picture softly flickers in the background but installers were happy to see that instead of the snow and rushed out the door after that, "9:30am-2:30pm install!"

I just looked at Adelphia for my city, they only have
ABC HD
CBS HD ESPN HD
HBO HD NBC HD
PBS HD
SHO HD.
Thats not enough for me.......

damn..you have less than I do. Over here I get 13 HD channels if you count the premium channels.

direct or dish would probably be better for you for HD.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Just dont want to spend any cash upfront...And an HD DVR would be nice to. Just not sure who to go with.....I also checked and Time Warner isnt in my area....

Hmmm, my box works perfect...of course I don't watch analog here in the Springs...just 701-up. I use component inputs, and the DVI will be enabled as soon as they get the HDCP stuff worked out with a future firmware update I hear...no biggie for me.

I don't get pixelation drops or audio problems with the HD stuff...probably would though if I watched the analogs. My audio does 'hiss' every once in a while, but I'll probably add the optical audio cord out of the Moxi to my optical input on my Sony XBR which should take care of that I hope.

Fixing to start watching my FIRST recordings in HD. I work 12-hour nights at Norad so I haven't been home at night for a few days. Got Grey's Anatomy, CSI Miami and 24 in queue to watch tonight :)

Cheers...

have been recording with my Motorola DCT6400 now for 1 week and the HD PQ has been excellent.Have not had one problem up to today. Ive recorded on all 3 6400 and all excellent PQ.

i just got the moxi 9012, and is there any way to get it to not stretch the SD channels to 16:9 while still giving a 1080i signal?

Adelphia Simi Valley, CA has HBO,Cinemax, Showtime, Discovery,
ESPN, CBS,NBC,ABC,Fox and PBS in hi definition. I would love for them to get starz in HD. Until Time Warner takes over, I doubt if we will see any additions. The dvr works awesome!

djjsin said:
i just got the moxi 9012, and is there any way to get it to not stretch the SD channels to 16:9 while still giving a 1080i signal?

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this currently.

I have had similar issues with my Moxi on Charter Cable. See: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=66724

I'm now going the Dish Network route and paying the $250 for a 942, though my install for this morning had to be cancelled (sigh!).

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts