Just got the $10/month Platinum charge removed...

You will lose your $3.00 dvr credit and you will gain plat channels. The dvr credit was part of the dvr advantange pack and that pack is discontinued. You can request that the 3.00 credit be put back on like I did when I switched to With dvr/locals bundle and added the plat pack of channels. That was in August and they gave me the 3.00 credit for 5 months that ends in December. But the credit is gone come January whether you switch or not to another pack.

You will lose your $3.00 dvr credit and you will gain plat channels. The dvr credit was part of the dvr advantange pack and that pack is discontinued. You can request that the 3.00 credit be put back on like I did when I switched to With dvr/locals bundle and added the plat pack of channels. That was in August and they gave me the 3.00 credit for 5 months that ends in December. But the credit is gone come January whether you switch or not to another pack.

thank you, that is the info i was looking for.

i appreciate your help.

bruce

(23-12-3) Lori N.: I will be happy to remove the Platinum package from your account. You will lose Crime & Investigation, HDNet Movies, MGM, NBA TV, NHL Network, Universal, world Fishing Network, Fashion TV, FX HD, BET JAzz, MAV TV, LOGO HD
BuddyBoy: I don't want to have the package removed, my understanding is that I can continue to receive those channels but have the $10/month charge removed permanently.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I do apologize that is incorrect.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: The only way to remove the charge is to remove the package, then you will no longer receive those channels.
BuddyBoy: My understanding is that if I drop the package completely via dishnetwork.com, I can add Gold+Platinum for $10/month. If that is true, why can't you make the change?
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I am sorry, there is a new customer promotion that includes the Platinum with the HD package.
The agent is sending you to HDTV - High Definition Programming Options.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: You will see at the bottom of that page the disclosure that is only available for new customers.
BuddyBoy: If I were to drop all HD right now, what would my options be for adding HD to my account?
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I don't understand what you mean?
(23-12-3) Lori N.: Why would you remove that if you wanted it?
BuddyBoy: I have read reports on satelliteguys.us that there is no longer a charge for platinum HD, that you can get the channels in Gold+Platinum for just the price of Gold HD. This is for existing customers.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I am sorry we do not honor as valid any information that is not on the official website.
BuddyBoy: I am trying to figure out how I can get the $10/month charge removed from my account, because many people have called in and been able to do that.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I am sorry for misleading information.
The agent is sending you to Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.
BuddyBoy: Ok, thanks.

I went online, removed all HD, right before confirming hit "Back", added Gold+Platinum for $10, also got the free HBO and Showtime promotion (I already had AEP), and my bill dropped $30/month.

Since I have annual programming, Dish will not allow me to change anything online.

Just tried online chat, got Shaun C. mentioned in OP, no dice. I will now call, ask for supervisor if needed, mention my years of being a "valuable customer". We'll see how that goes. :)

The above happenned back in mid-September. Follow up ... called later that day, CS claimed to give me HD Gold+Platinum but managed to remove Platinum entirely. The following day, someone in tech support was more than happy to give me Platinum for free.

It's a pain, but just call or do live support enough times and you'll find someone willing to get it done.