Just got VisionDTV Starbox/a few questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aaron01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
Lima, OH
I just got my VisionDTV Starbox today and I had a few questions.

One is, does anyone have a link to download the latest drivers? I have been to twinhan's site and keep getting a 404 error when I try to download.

Another question/concern is this. When I am using my coolsat, the quality on OLN for example was around 78%. On the Starbox, the quality was all the way down to around 50%. The picture was not really breaking up though, so is their signal/quality meter really that different? And along those lines, I was watching PBS HD and it had a quality of around 32%. It didn't seem to break up, but seemed to be jumpy sometimes, and I didn't know if that was because of the signal strength or if it was related to the USB connection because of it being HD?

I'm also still trying to figure out how to use USALS with this in MyTheatre. I may be here asking for help with that in a little bit. :)

All boxes have different readings.

The Coolsat seems to be the worst. A 63 signal is minimum for signal and 82-85 is max. My Pansat 1500 needs 30 for stable but can keep a stable picture at 15 and max is 99. The Satworks always reads low. A 99 quality can show 50 on the Satworks

I was thinking I needed to post in the PC DVB area but then forgot, whoops! Also thanks Iceberg for that info about the readings.

Ok, now I'm back about the USALS part.. I have tried figuring it out on my own. Using the included software, I cannot figure out how to use USALS. In the configuration, the only options for type of dish are fixed and DiSEqC, but no USALS. I know on the right side there is a "Goto Sat" button but I'm not able to click it. So I have no idea how to configure the Twinhan app to work with USALS, I couldn't seem to find any settings anywhere. I have an SG2100 by the way.

aaron01 said:
I just got my VisionDTV Starbox today and I had a few questions.

One is, does anyone have a link to download the latest drivers? I have been to twinhan's site and keep getting a 404 error when I try to download.

Another question/concern is this. When I am using my coolsat, the quality on OLN for example was around 78%. On the Starbox, the quality was all the way down to around 50%. The picture was not really breaking up though, so is their signal/quality meter really that different? And along those lines, I was watching PBS HD and it had a quality of around 32%. It didn't seem to break up, but seemed to be jumpy sometimes, and I didn't know if that was because of the signal strength or if it was related to the USB connection because of it being HD?

I'm also still trying to figure out how to use USALS with this in MyTheatre. I may be here asking for help with that in a little bit. :)

First , I would forget the S/W that came with it , only install it to get the drivers .

I use My Theatre for PCI DVB-S . It probably will work with a USB box ?

I have never got USALS to work on a card . Open to suggestions .

Use Disque positioning menu , a sat meter in line , next to your computer & starting at referance position ( due south ) start hunting for sats & when you find and idenify one , save it ( assign a number position ) .

If you want USALS , try a STB ( Set Top Box ) . I have both .

Wyr

I couldn't get the included software 2.431 to work with USALS either, the new
driver 2.6 worked great.

I guess the signal strength readings don't mean much as the readings went from 48 to 94 with the new driver, now just about any signal gives a reading of 90+.
Q varies from 3 to 96 in about 4 steps, at 3 you may or may not get a picture.

There has been an issue with some starboxes not having enough power to drive
the sg2100 motor, if this is a problem there is an unoffical mod.

The download for the drivers was working at the Twinhan.com 10 minutes ago

Sadie said:
The download for the drivers was working at the Twinhan.com 10 minutes ago

Just wondering if you would be able to paste a direct link? I still get a 404 error when I try to download. I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard back. Thanks!

Still working for me . Sorry I'm new to this forum and don't know what the rules are regarding posting live links so I sent you a PM hope this isn't against any rules.

I'm just not so sure about the Starbox.. there is a feed now with a much higher quality than PBS HD however it is still breaking up badly. I can hear the audio without a problem but sometimes the picture just plain freezes. My computer has a 2 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM and I am using USB 2.0, so I wouldn't think that is the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)