Just had a call from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Enforcer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Just received a call from Dish letting me know my 811 is available for delivery. I paid $99 bucks for it and will be installed on May 27th. I honestly could not say no for the price tag. Yes I personally do not have any experience with the 811, but i figured why not get it,, especially for that price. I know it has bugs, but hopefully they will be worked out over time. If not I'll use my 6000. Did I make a bad decision??

I think it was a great decision. I had to pay $149 for mine and I know other existing customers paid even more. Regardless of their decision to prematurely launch the product, I fully expect the issues with the 811 to be satisfactorily resolved in the future. Whether the fixes come in a reasonable time frame or not is largely personal opinion.

This is assuming your appointment goes as planned...

:)

I got three for $149. But I did have to send two of them back because they didn't work. I guess the third time's the charm. :D Good luck to you Enforcer, I sure hope your first one works as well as my third.

How do you know if you get one of the new 811s or one of the old 811s with bugs. I heard they stopped making them for a while and just recently rolled on them again. My instal is for saturday and i don't want one of the old ones.

I got the same call 2 days avter V-Day (Viacom Day)...the 811 for $99....was skeptical...but the espn HD and HBO is worth it...I have the 811 and 510 DVR going thru the same TV and have to switch back and forth for DVR...but what the heck

I have had my 811 since March 1st, I got it with Dish's HD in a Box promo for current customers, well first of all they called and canceled on me four hours before the install and said it would be at least thirty days, then I e-mailed ceo@Dishnetwork and one week later I got it installed. Thats a heads up to all of you that have ordered one, you may have to argue with a few people to get it! Anyways, I agree that the 811 will be fixed, its just the question of when. For me, I like the 811, but the bugs are lets say irritating! But I will be patient, this receiver has a great potential.

Thanks,
Tony

An existing Dish Customer who wants to buy an 911

Enforcer said:
Just received a call from Dish letting me know my 811 is available for delivery. I paid $99 bucks for it and will be installed on May 27th. I honestly could not say no for the price tag. Yes I personally do not have any experience with the 811, but i figured why not get it,, especially for that price. I know it has bugs, but hopefully they will be worked out over time. If not I'll use my 6000. Did I make a bad decision??

How does one buy an 811 for $99 when it says that they cost $399.99 on Dish's website?

Thanx in advance,
Steve...

Just call Dish and tell them you want to order a an 811, but ask them how much it costs. They will look up your account and quote you your price. If it is more that you want to pay, just tell them no thanks, but ask them why others are getting the 811 for $99.

The $99 Question...

...is it still Dish property or do you own it? It was referred to me as an activation fee by the CSR so that sounds like lease to me.

I beleive u own it..I bought mine thru dush for 149.00 and the guy i talked to thru email said i owned it..And this was a guy who responded at the ceo email addy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts