Just had directv installed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjude

Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
I got a hr54 dvr with a c61k client have the c61k hooked to a Samsung ks8000 4K tv on channel 104 it say the program you selected could not be authorized for this location any advice On how to solve this issue

Are you using the correct HDMI input on the television? Not all of them will support 4k. Check your manual.

I'd call CS and make sure you are authorized for 4k.

Will it let you watch another channel? I had that screen this am changed the channel to a non-4k channel and then changed it back to 104 and all is well -

Yea I can change it two any other channel works fine just not on a 4K channel called in they are sending someone back out to check what the problem is

That’s a known issue with newly installed 4k systems. It resolves within 24 hours. Has it been 24 hours since install?

Mine was installed back in may and Turned on the TV this am I got the same NOT auth Screen - I had left the c61K on and on channel 104 and just turned the TV OFF - So I changed the channel to 256 and then went back to 104 and got the channel fine?

The OP sounds more like a program issue than needing a receiver change.

I had this problem the first day I had the hr54 and c61k installed, after two days everything started working. I did reboot my main receiver and client.

Exactly how does an installer explain to a sub that it doesn't work when its installed, but it will ?

Same way you explain anything that is a known issue but CSR created a service call anyway.

In this case I’ll bring everything up, show that it works, do the software download, show it doesn’t work anymore, and explain it will be back in 24 hours. I have left my number every time I do a 4k install and never got a call

Same way you explain anything that is a known issue but CSR created a service call anyway.

In this case I’ll bring everything up, show that it works, do the software download, show it doesn’t work anymore, and explain it will be back in 24 hours. I have left my number every time I do a 4k install and never got a call
How do you get the On Demand to work (it won't when you do the install) when we can't get it to work on our own units ?

Exactly how does an installer explain to a sub that it doesn't work when its installed, but it will ?
Yeah. That can cause sme raised eyebrows.
Especially if one runs into a customer who thinks the X Files was reality TV.

I have noticed that the c61k is on software 0x7e6 says it was updated on the 2/23/2016 could this be the problem

I have noticed that the c61k is on software 0x7e6 says it was updated on the 2/23/2016 could this be the problem
I doubt that, that is the issue, however, it is not the current software for that box ...
If you update the software it should be at 0x0FBA

I doubt that, that is the issue, however, it is not the current software for that box ...
If you update the software it should be at 0x0FBA
I have tried a hard reset on it won’t updat my hr54 is on 0xffc it was updated at 3:37am but no update for the mini

I have tried a hard reset on it won’t updat my hr54 is on 0xffc it was updated at 3:37am but no update for the mini
Well, the 54 is up to date ... many have posted that they don't both update at the same time.
That said, your client looks like it may be on the original software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts