Just installed a Pioneer Elite Pro-FHD1 1080p Plasma

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
The Pioneer is the first 50" 1080p plasma available in the States. I decided to get one and installed it this weekend. The picture is incredible even with Dish's HD-Lite! ;-) Hooked up my computer to it via DVI/HDCP to HDMI on the set, and now I can play DVDs in up-converted 1080p. DVDs look high-def on this set. Black levels are 10 times better than my previous 50" plasma. Overscan is 0%, contrast outstanding. I have been somewhat disappointed with the 3 other plasma sets I have had in the past, but have not found even one thing to bitch about with this set.

It is expensive as it just came out, but if you have the money and want the best plasma picture possible, this is just an incredible set.

One follow up, Dish SD programming looks fantastic on this set, even "partially zoomed" on the 622. This set has the best scaler I have seen to date. Some of the premium channels in SD look HD quality. I am truly amazed at the picture quality.

This set is INCREDIBLE. I have never been this happy about a TV!

Congratulations!
Now, do yourself a favor and buy an HD DVD player. And you will discover what your TV set is really capable of! You will be shocked! ;)

vurbano said:
Sounds like an awesome TV. Havent seen it yet though

I chose between it and a 55" LCD flat panel Samsung. They demoed it with a 1080p blu-ray, and directv hd. Neither looked that great at the store (bad lighting, not calibration of the set/colors, etc). The Pioneer did have a pretty good edge on brightness and especially black levels and gray scale compared to the LCD. The Pioneer looked good in the store, but it didn't WOW me at the store. The big surprise is how much better it looked at home.

FoodHD looked incredible last night. It felt like I could reach into the screen and squeeze Ms. de Laurentiis' loafs. ;-)

Ilya said:
Congratulations!
Now, do yourself a favor and buy an HD DVD player. And you will discover what your TV set is really capable of! You will be shocked! ;)

I agree. I think the picture will be incredible. I'll buy one, as soon as the OEM drives for my computer are available and allow playback / copying to my media raid array.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts