Just installed and first impressions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So why are you telling the installer how to do the job and then complaining about picture quality? Seems to me, if I was the installer, I would be saying to you now; well you told me where you wanted the dish and so that is why your picture is like crap:D
Because I spent six years installing satellite and during that time I fixed an excessively high amount of hack work that was done by subcontractors and to a lesser extent inhouse jacks and because whom ever comes out to do any kind of installation work doesnt live here, I do. That being said the picture quality issue was not related to anything he did, as a matter of fact he did everything right except for using a copper ground strap on a steel ground source. The issues were mostly due to my tv being reset to factory defaults probably from a recent blackout but there are also some standard issues relating to compression such as minor pixeling and an occasional slight change in black level and audio rollercoastering and music track thats booming compared to the voice track.

One thing I forgot to add, when he got out his van the first thing he said after he greeted me was that he needed to see if it would even go, second thing he said was that a copper ground strap on a steel ground source would pass inspection. I have tree's to the southwest that are short and for them to be a problem he would have had to mount the dish 50ft south of where I showed him to mount it. Copper will corrode on steel over time and I've already replaced the strap with a steel one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Changing Receivers

FCC Approves Transfer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)