Just lost 110 & 119- what's going on?

Here in southern IL;

My 721 still says it has lost signal on some 119 transponders like 4 & 18. The weird thing is, the point dish screen shows it locked at 90% signal on those transponders for 119. My 510 has had no problem the entire time. This doesn't have to do with the 721 and new HD channels uplinked again does it?

Storms hung over Cheyenne uplink and dropped all orbitals. They carry your turnarounds- TVLand HBO etc... It has to be clear of heavy rain in both places- the uplink to the bird and the downlink to your receiver.

During winter, Dish must have a LOT of employees with brooms to brush snow off all of those dishes at their Cheyenne uplink centers! ;););)

/Overheard at DishNetwork HQ today....

Darn it Bob! We told you not to unplug that cord when you need to vacuum the control room. ;)

Crap, I knew I should have checked here first. Doing all kinds of diagnostics to figure out what's not wrong with my satellite system instead, didn't have time to boot up the computer!

Same here, I ran check switch. But for me it was just the HD channels (110 and 129), I could watch some of the SD locals. By the time the guide finished downloading everything was back to normal.

Oh My god!!! Would would happen if Dish/Direct lost their signals for 1/2 a day? Rape and pilfering in the streets? Increased suicides? Murders and robberies increase 10 fold? Panic across the land? People there are more important things than 24/7 TV like spending time with your kids or loved ones while your tv provider fixes things. Within 10 minutes of losing the 110 and 119 here I got 15 phone calls!! People were just throwing fits because the weather knock out the uplink center for awhile. jeesh!

:)Check in 9 months!:)

Rich Dunklee

I am laughing away after reading all these posts. Why? I live in NE NC and I started loosing my signals last night with clear skies and told the wife that someone must be stealing my two dish. I even turned on the back yard light to check them out. Twenty minutes later it cleared itself. I'm feeling better now knowing that I wasn't the only one.

let me know what the tech says. My signal has been on again off again for over a week and a half now. Anyone else been going on that long? I couldn't believe when Dish couldn't send someone out to help me until this weekend, so two weeks of none steady TV. I have no more DVR shows to watch!!! HA:eek:

Here in southern IL;

My 721 still says it has lost signal on some 119 transponders like 4 & 18. The weird thing is, the point dish screen shows it locked at 90% signal on those transponders for 119. My 510 has had no problem the entire time. This doesn't have to do with the 721 and new HD channels uplinked again does it?
This will happen if the site that is uplinking fails to reach the bird. Most weather heavy enough to prevent RF to the bird, lasts no more than an hour. After that time if you still have no service, you can just perform a full reboot of your box to help it "see" the stream again.

I thought dish had more then 1 uplink center. Isn't the main site in Gilbert?
There are several uplinks in the nation, but Cheyenne, WY carries all of your national "turnaround" services like History CH and SciFi... Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix) deals with all the local area TV stations- like your local NBC or CW station. So if you can't see Sunday FOX cartoons and it's a clear day in Cleavland, it could be weather over Gilbert- however, that's pretty rare other than these two months JUL-AUG. Signals are picked up in Cleavland, then carried to Gilbert, uplinked, then downlinked back to Cleavland.

All that to say- usually it all works fine. If you wait even just 20 minutes, weather over an uplink usually clears and service will be restored.

This will happen if the site that is uplinking fails to reach the bird. Most weather heavy enough to prevent RF to the bird, lasts no more than an hour. After that time if you still have no service, you can just perform a full reboot of your box to help it "see" the stream again.

I got back from vacation Monday night and had this problem with my 721, (both tuners). I have no idea how it had been for the last week. by noon today, I have rebooted, pulled card, rebooted, re-peaked dish, factory reset, swapped cables with 510, and feel like a real dumb ass. The 510 is still 100% ok.

Now I am getting the "smart card not authorized" on the 721 again!:eek:

Some people need to get a life then :rolleyes:

Sorry but I kinda would have liked to keep watching the Red Sox last night without interruption and worrying that my wife wouldn't be able to watch the Daily Show later on in the evening if the outage continued. :(

Sorry but I kinda would have liked to keep watching the Red Sox last night without interruption and worrying that my wife wouldn't be able to watch the Daily Show later on in the evening if the outage continued. :(

So you missed what, three pitches. Maybe two outs at the most? And doesn't the daily show replay like 4 times during the day.

So you missed what, three pitches. Maybe two outs at the most? And doesn't the daily show replay like 4 times during the day.

Why don't you drop it? Everybody has there interests. Many people like to watch tv. I'm sure you have your own interests as well. When satellite goes out this is the first place most of us come to get the scoop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts