Just made switch from D to E

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Had Dish for 10 years before switching to D in 2007. Just placed the call to E. Always preferred Dish equipment. I ordered a 211 and plan to hook it to an external hard drive. Hope that works as advertised.

Feels good to be back. :)

Let me :welcomeyou back to the DISH Network Family. We are glad that you have returned to us and if you have any questions or concerns about your service, please let our DIRT members know and we will assist in every way possible!! Have a awesome weekend!! :)

Install was yesterday and was a really simple one for the installer as all she had to do was swap out the dish and the connect the jacks into the new box. I am getting 110, 119 and 129. No picture breakup but the numbers are only between 50 and 60. I know dish's numbers look deceptively low but is there anything to be concerned about. I'm not familiar with the new dishes. This one looks about the size of a 500 but is somewhat more oval in shape. It is quite a bit smaller than the Slimline dish it replaced. Any thoughts on what dish was installed?

The 211 does work as advertised as a DVR. I do not mind so much that I can only record one sat and one ota at a time. For the past year most of my viewing was over ROKU anyway.

Install was yesterday and was a really simple one for the installer as all she had to do was swap out the dish and the connect the jacks into the new box. I am getting 110, 119 and 129. No picture breakup but the numbers are only between 50 and 60. I know dish's numbers look deceptively low but is there anything to be concerned about. I'm not familiar with the new dishes. This one looks about the size of a 500 but is somewhat more oval in shape. It is quite a bit smaller than the Slimline dish it replaced. Any thoughts on what dish was installed?
Your 50-60 numbers are just fine. A software re-design from a few years ago makes the signal strength LOOK lower on the"100" scale on screen meter. You probably have the 1000.2 dish (western arc) dish.

As someone who's been back for a few months, I really dont notice much difference. I miss my HR24 in some ways, but the 722 does a good job too. I'm prob most happy about having BBCAHD and the free sling adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)