just made the switch to direct- Need tips on setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hiphopgamer26

Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
my TV is 720p native but it can do 1080i

the guy that setup everything put it on 1080i,

whats the difference if i switch it to 1080i or 720p?

and also what format should i use?

my TV is 720p native but it can do 1080i

the guy that setup everything put it on 1080i,

whats the difference if i switch it to 1080i or 720p?

and also what format should i use?

How about posting in the correct forum?

Anyway, you can run 720 or 1080 on almost any HDTV.

My tv is 720p, so I run 720p from the box - then the TV doesn't have to alter anything.

To change it you use the format button.

If 720p is not an option when pressing format, go the menu-setup-HDTV-
then use the tabs at the top, check that ratio is widescreen, and resolution check the 720 box.

WELCOME to Directv!

Is there a "native" mode? Best thing to do would probably be let the box output the native res of the channel and let the TV do the scaling.

Is there a "native" mode? Best thing to do would probably be let the box output the native res of the channel and let the TV do the scaling.

I agree-- chances are you TV is going to do the scaling better than the box anyway.

Menu > Settings > Setup > HDTV > Native : On

Then from the "TV Resolutions" tab enable all resolutions that work with your TV--which will be all of them most likely unless you had an old HD CRT (they can't do 720p typically)

Keep in mind that if Native is "On", channel changes will be a bit slower has the box changes resolution. Maybe 2-3 seconds in some cases.

yea i cant deal with the 3 second delay on every channel change....i just keep it all at 1080i....if sumthing special is 720p then i can always go back to the menu, switch to 720p, and then go back to my all 1080i again when the show is done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)