just moved from apt to a house

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
had the installation done last thursday. in my apt i had one hr24 and wanted to add one of those when i moved in to my house. when i called to schedule it, i asked them about what kind of specials they had for me. they said i could get the dvr installed for free, all the premium movie channels free for 3 months and.......nfl sunday ticket for free this season! i kindly accepted the deal. as for the installation, everything went well. the installer obviously knew what he was doing and did a fine job. now for my problem - the dvr he added is a hr24-500. it doesn't respond very well to the remote. i sometimes have to press the button several times to get it to respond. and sometimes when i'm trying to select a channel from the guide, it will skip down like i pressed the button twice. is there a tip or trick to get this thing to work better? or do i need to call direct and get them to send me another dvr?

btw, my other dvr is an hr24-200 and works flawlessly.

when you do a restart (or red button reboot) when you see the 1st screen press
0 2 4 6 8

that will download the newest software for the receievr.

it has the 0x5d2 software. i did a restart from the menu and it's definitely better. not as good as the hr24-200 i have - but better than it was before.

It may also improve after a day or so, when first setup there is a ton of stuff happening in the background like VOD prep, guide download, logos/icons download, etc.

What us the command to clear the NVRAM?. Does a reboot do the same thing instead?.

Thanks

Hello Styler1,

I'm doing this from memory. Go to channel 1 and wait 30 seconds after the video comes on. Press the following buttons in this order. Red, red, blue, blue, yellow and the green. A quick display on the screen says that the NVRAM has been cleared. This should not be done too often. AFAIK the answer to your question about a reboot is no. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)