Just ordered another new receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Exactly! I don't like the overall tone of this thread. Here you have an individual who is going to check out a new receiver and report back. We should encourage that so we know which are good products and which are junk instead of assuming that it's junk before we know. If it's crap, then everybody will be wiser. If it's worthwhile, then others in the industry have valid competition they must compete against and this improves the whole industry. Or is there worry that a $47 receiver just might actually be worth that small amount?

It all depends on whether you view the receiver glass as half full, empty or broken. hahahahaha

I like the coment .China is here to stay and the european and Americans have to compete .I payd for my vantage vt1 about $700 canadian from germany .Like I said the best receiver I have are amazing butt not perfect because are made for europe .But I don't like to expend every year seven hundred.I like to have diferent receivers same expensive same not so $47 one new toy to expend time until the hd micro go for salle very good. I don't mine are made in china the most receivers before are made in sud corea pansat to.The point are the receivers from europe most are expensive and twenty years ago the free to air are expensive then now because more and more companys on the business. It's good for free to air.I ope the hd micro came fast because if not I have to buy one more toy

Had bad, freezing, crashing luck with S10, good luck with Manhattan.

As far as Chinese companies selling directly from their factory and cutting out the supply chain, that is an inevitable and predictable result of sending the world's manufacturing to Asia. Thank all the unpatriotic corporates who thought more about profit than their country.

Expect a lot more of these corporate geniuses to be cut out of the money chain as China realizes they don't need them anymore.

.....wish to test a STB with similar performance to the microHD, order a F3 instead. :cool:

I agree I have been doing a lot of research and have been eyeing the F3. I almost pulled the trigger last night.

I agree I have been doing a lot of research and have been eyeing the F3. I almost pulled the trigger last night.

I had tested an F3 sample last year and it sold me on the capabilities and potential of the ALI 3601 chipset. A well implemented STB.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...... $47 for a unit directly from a Chinese factory is a disturbing trend in the distribution and retail world. It would be one thing if the seller was directly supporting their customers, products and respecting the required certifications, licensing and consumer protection legislation that legit distributors must provide when selling globally.

Unregulated and unchecked, these "factories" are only about making a dollar or two profit, disregarding intellectual properties and ignoring product safety.

Sorry to turn this into another rant from the soapbox, but it irritates me to no end when I hear of non-compliant and unlicensed goods being sold on the grey market. I know the challenges, time and upfront investment to provide a quality legit product to market. It is impossible to provide a compliant and supported receiver to the retail market at even double this price....

The growing Walmart mentality has promoted reduced customer expectation of product performance as a trade-off for a never ending cost reduction. The Apple experience has redefined lifecycle and created a disposable product marketplace. I guess that at some point I will just have to accept that buyers no longer want customer service or need product support.

Welcome to modern capitalism !

If these units had higher volume they would be $20 factory direct. That is the nature of business to dominate and achieve a profit in the end. The Chinese studied the old American playbook and realized that it is a business failure if you make a product that lasts more than 10 years. Your market becomes saturated and you have few new customers to keep making money.

I feel your pain but only a little because even though your products may be thought up and serviced in America they are still Chinese made products. They likely roll off lines that put together one of these cheap boxes when your orders are completed. If your MicroHD comes to market and becomes the Ipad of the FTA world then these cheap boxes may become irrelevant.

It's frustrating that this stuff can't be made in America. I know there are factories still here that can build the stuff but American businesses want to get every last penny in profit. There are plenty of people here who would pay extra for a quality American made FTA receiver. Too bad it doesn't really exist(the guy making PCI cards doesn't count).

1) order a F3 instead.
cool.gif

2) instead test the F3

3) What is an F3
confused.gif

4) Skybox F3 ?

5) have been eyeing the F3

6) I had tested an F3

The F3 has been mentioned 6 times now in this thread, yet no answer as to what it is.
So what it be ?

I find the f3 box and I don't like the box same as openbox s9 not diferent and I have the s9 to similare.Better the micro hd more value and good price to .But time for the receiver to be out on the stores.Did taken to long for the box to be all legalle?

The receiver looking good I like the looks only the looks are ok for the $47 compare to the f3 the looks are better s12 nice receiver. and do ac3 audio the only problem I have on my vantage vt1 no ac3 audio .the vantage send me two files and no't fix did said nex file update.But $700 the s12 $47 and ac3 audio very good enjoy the receiver china america portugal corea are ok if working and looking good .If you don't working harder the government of usa don't help you so.I working harder in Canada but I looking for the best deal.Ites my view.

Last edited:
Pixl said:
1) order a F3 instead. So what it be ?

Ok, I'll spoon feed ya......

Google: ali 3601 f3

Should give you an idea about the increased capabilities over the 3602 and 3606 based STBs. You will understand why the microHD is based on this processor rather than the other ALI chipsets.

I did a search and found the F3 after Brian suggested it. If only I posted several days earlier. :) I can't cancel my order, but will keep an eye on the F3.

Brian, you should have more giveaways here on Satellite Guys with all those extra receivers you have. :) I still have the one I won from you about 2 years ago.

PopcornNMore said:
you should have more giveaways here on Satellite Guys with all those extra receivers you have. :) I still have the one I won from you about 2 years ago.

There were too many requests for support on the units. Tried to give them away with the understanding that they were gifted without technical support, but some people just didn't get it and hassled my staff. When one individual got verbally abusive with one of the tech team members, I decided that enough was enough. Unfortunate, but that is the rest of the story.....

BTW..... We had many great experiences with giving away most of the units, so kudos to those of you who won and respected the representatives! :)

I have a skybox f3 and it seems to blind scan pretty fast. There is no channel/sat editor out for it yet, but you can add your own satellites manually. I scanned 97w and got around 277 channels. It picked up 14(I think) ITC channels on 125w. Only problem is you can't delete the satellite list that comes with it. There's been several fw updates already. See the yojia site for more info. Don't know how it runs a motor, as I don't use one. Works well in switching between ports on 4 port diseqc switch. No, you can't use any previous fw or channel editors from the s9,s10,s11,s12,s16, etc. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. There is a skybox m3 that uses the same fw. Oh yes, it does wi-fi through the usb port. I haven't tested that yet.

Last edited:
There were too many requests for support on the units. Tried to give them away with the understanding that they were gifted without technical support, but some people just didn't get it and hassled my staff. When one individual got verbally abusive with one of the tech team members, I decided that enough was enough. Unfortunate, but that is the rest of the story.....

BTW..... We had many great experiences with giving away most of the units, so kudos to those of you who won and respected the representatives! :)

There is always a rotten apple that spoils it for all the rest of us. That's too bad. I for one appreciate the gift you gave me and enjoyed tinkering with it.

Pixl said:
I dislike your response to my question of "what is a F3"

From a professional to a professional I'm disappointed in that.

Sorry if I disappointed and offended you with only a single reply! Not my intent. Usually it takes multiple posts! LOL!!! :)

With Google, the answer to our question is usually closer than quoting multiple posts.

squid385 said:
I have a skybox f3

The F3 demonstrated potential, but I don't expect too much from that factory development team. The F3 showed the potential for the 3601 chipset, I agree that it is a bit underwhelming.....

Brian fine butt the micro are over to long on the board of the corporation and never for sale?Today all of us don't like to read and read or good the receiver are and the good receiver never for sale .So did you bring the box for sale did you said end of march now are may and no box very desappointing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts