Just Ordered Cox HD DVR

If you live in Phoenix and wish to request the addition of more HD channels, the address below is where you would write to make your request:

Cox Cable
1550 W. Deer Valley
Phoenix, AZ 85027

jbphoenix said:
If you live in Phoenix and wish to request the addition of more HD channels, the address below is where you would write to make your request:

Cox Cable
1550 W. Deer Valley
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Lol - that is like a mile from my house (it's at the DVT airport). I could hand deliver the letter.

Cox offered me a fantastic deal back in Feb, when I dropped Voom. It was their "Ditch the Dish" promotion, or something like that. But you need to give them your old satellite receiver. Fortunately I had some old DirecTV ones lying around, since I was leasing from Voom. 50% all their services for 1 year, no commitments, no installation fees, and they came out the very next day to install. I got the 8300HD HD-DVR. You can read TONS of tips and tricks about it over at avsforum under the HD Recorder forum. I'm currently getting HBO, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, INHD1, INHD2, Discovery, and Universal in HD. Picture quality is comparable to Voom and OTA. Analog cable sucks, but I don't watch too much of it anyways. I pay ~$50 month which includes leasing the HD receiver, HD service and all the other required services for it, HD DVR service, HBO, and Expanded cable. Then I got another promotion for internet for $19.99 a month for 6 months, no commitments and it's 4 times faster than my DSL which was already at T-1 download speeds! It's true, the DVR has revolutionized my TV experience. I never start watching a show at the scheduled start time. I always wait a good 20-30 minutes so that I can skip commercials as I watch. True, the HD8300 does not have the skip commercial button, but fast forwarding and then hitting the 3 second instant replay button works quite well (and you can hit it more than once in a row). You can record 2 HD shows at the same time and watch a previously recorded show too! I love it and am much much happier with Cox and am paying less than I was with Voom.

Local HDs Breaking Up Fairfax Co.

The cable guy showed up yesterday, worked on this and said they were having problems with the local feeds. I continue to have all of my locals on HD breaking up, especially FOX, unwatchable. He said he was going to report it.

smata67 said:
The cable guy showed up yesterday, worked on this and said they were having problems with the local feeds. I continue to have all of my locals on HD breaking up, especially FOX, unwatchable. He said he was going to report it.

Did Cox serivce person check the signal coming in on your cable?

jbphoenix said:

Cox Cable
1550 W. Deer Valley
Phoenix, AZ 85027

I was told that I needed to speak with someone in the Techincal section about channels being added. I am in Hampton Roads, VA area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)