Just ordered DirectTV--couple questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AlanRB

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Colorado
Dumped Comcast about two weeks ago and decided to go DirectTV. Ordered service last night after talking with the DirectTV executive neighbor across the street from me.

A couple of questions.

1. Is the TV internet connection service something a tech has to do to activate the capabilities on the HD DVR or can I just connect my existing ethernet cable (already in cabinet) to the HD DVR? I would rather save the $25 if possible. (another potential glitch is that I also cancelled Comcast internet at the same time as the cable, but called today to get their land line/internet combo deal, but it will not be activated until 2 days after the DirectTV install).

2. I requested the HR24/H24's be delivered with my install along with a request for a telephone call prior to showing up at my home. The CSR said no problem as that is typical now. I realize that may or may not be the case with the requested hardware. Any other requests that I should make?

My neighbor said he was going to request one of the "better installers" be assigned....hope this helps.

Thanks

You can use your local network for the connection to the internet, but this is not supported by DirecTV. So don't call them if it doesn't work.. Come here for help.

This connection will get you On Demand and the capability for Media Share from your PC.

It will also allow Multi Room Viewing (MRV), but you may need to jump through some hoops to get it enabled and it will cost you $3/month.

For your second question you may want to review this thread.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/219276-how-increase-your-odds-getting-hr24.html

Thanks jdspencer.

I did request the $10 bundle of D*TV DVR Service & Whole Home DVR Service, is that what you mean by the MRV?

I am reading the other thread now.....

Thanks

Thanks jdspencer.

I did request the $10 bundle of D*TV DVR Service & Whole Home DVR Service, is that what you mean by the MRV?

I am reading the other thread now.....

Thanks

Yes; that's correct on the MRV. When they call, make sure they know in advance that you want the Internet Connection Kit (aka WHD w/ICK but still seems to be by request only unless your installer gives you a break). BTW, there should be no additional charge for it if it was included on the order.

You would not need the ETHERNET cable ran to each DirecTv box with WHD w/ICK.

Yeah the installer should have a DECA with him to hook up to your router the a coax cable run back to the SWIM Switch. With that it takes care of everything else will get all of the receivers a net connection and MVR plus any other features basically your set.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)