Just Ordered DishNetwork, and have a few Q's

BASDSucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
PA
I just ordered dishnetwork threw my phone company and got the Everything package, A DVR and another receiver for 3 tvs (does that sound right). And its suppose to be installed on thursday.

The lady said i only needed the dvr box upstairs and that would also act as a receiver to another tv thats up stairs. Is that true, or do i need 3 boxes instead of 2. Im also planing to buy a hdtv in a few months and was wondering if its easy to just upgrade to the hd packages...

They'll give you a dual tuner DVR (625), that receiver will feed two TVs. You may want the DVR outside of the bedroom, DVRs have a hard drive and a fan and they make noise at night.

If you're planning on buying a HDTV, you should've waited ordering Dish Network. It's easier to get equipment as a new customers than it's as an existing customer.

Welcome!

how does the 2nd tv get a signal if it doesnt have a box and its on the complete opisite side of the upstairs?

how does the 2nd tv get a signal if it doesnt have a box and its on the complete opisite side of the upstairs?

I always tell the customer to think of it as 2 receivers built into one box and the 2nd TV (the one with no box) is connected to it's receiver through the cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)