Just ordered my first setup!! :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Adirondacks
Well I really wanted a C and KU band setup, but I don't feel like messing around with a BUD right now, so I ordered a Motorized FTA setup fro Sadoun for KU only. I'm putting it right out on my front porch roof, which has a fairly clean shot at all the satellites. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to find a 6 foot BUD and get C band too, but until then I'm happy with KU only. The big 10' BUD that I was looking at, just seemed to be too much hassle for right now, so I'm content with KU only. After all, KU accounts for most stuff up there now, correct?

Anyway, I got the M2 system with the Mercury II receiver, a 100cm dish, and the SG2100 motor. Hopefully it'll bring me hours of pleasure, as soon as I get through swearing at it during setup (which hopefully doesn't involve a fall through the roof like last time).

I want to thank all of you for being so patient with me and answering my questions. I know I've become a big pain in the ass in the meantime. Hopefully getting this system will enable me to begin answering questions, instead of asking them.

Hi, thanks for your order. I noticed you've ordered the 100CM upgrade with the M2 system. Since the SG2100 comes with the smaller shaft (42mm) by default, I recommend upgrading the shaft to the 50mm when the dish is 100cm. I already did that for you with this order, and I am doing it at no extra charge. This is a small contribution to your hobby from Sadoun.

Attachments

• Sg2100T50-50mm_replacement_Tube.jpg
    Sg2100T50-50mm_replacement_Tube.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 161
Hi, thanks for your order. I noticed you've ordered the 100CM upgrade with the M2 system. Since the SG2100 comes with the smaller shaft (42mm) by default, I recommend upgrading the shaft to the 50mm when the dish is 100cm. I already did that for you with this order, and I am doing it at no extra charge. This is a small contribution to your hobby from Sadoun.

Thanks for catching that and upgrading me for free. :) I truly appreciate it. I changed my order to the M-3 after thinking about it last night, and I've already gotten a reply back to my email stating that it was changed. Excellent customer service. :up

Hopefully I can get it for the weekend, so I can play with it. I love it when I get a new toy to play with. :D

Well I just received my setup. I have a problem though. I didn't receive my Mercury II receiver or the 50CM upgrade. :(

Just called and faxed a copy of my order over and they were very nice about it. They're sending both missing parts out today and I'll get them on Tuesday. I was hoping to be able to set it up this weekend, but I guess I'll have to wait. :(

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts