Just ordered my new computer

No - it exists because Parallels created application shortcuts to every windows app in the VM, and then when the machine upgraded to Lion, each of those short-cuts became icons in Launch Pad. the only way to avoid it is to instal Parallels so it does not create the OSX short-cuts.

Yes, it did this because you run in Coherence mode. Not sure about the upgrade to Lion issue, but its through Coherence mode that you get those shortcuts. Have you tried using a different mode? Running in Full screen or Window mode would change this.

Yes, it did this because you run in Coherence mode. Not sure about the upgrade to Lion issue, but its through Coherence mode that you get those shortcuts. Have you tried using a different mode? Running in Full screen or Window mode would change this.

Once the icons are created, it does not matter if you are running Parallels or not, they are there in the Applications folder, and then are in launch pad.

mperdue said:
I saw that, too. I'm happy with what I have but it will be interesting to see what the new ones have over what I've got.

Sadly there is always something new around the corner. For me it will be the new Air. But my machine is fast and I shall be content for two years. :). That is my story, and I am sticking to it! ;)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)