:p Finally, a good lease program. Final details are as follows:

$0.00 Up-front
$9.50 Monthly Equipment Charge
$39.90 Monthly Programming Charge

Inculdes:
24 HD Channels
45 SD Channels
18 Music Channels

Equipment is arriving with a Dual DVI Cable!!
OTA Attenna is also inculded.

And last but not least, NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I got that out of the way. What could I expect once the Installation Guy comes to the house?

Also Overall... How is the programming and service?

Thanks in advace.

Welcome to the voomer party! Programming programming!

So that you can guarantee yourself a good installation. Get the installer to give you a call and keep in touch with him/her. Call Install Inc and ask them to have the installer call you to make sure that the equipment arrives and he knows what you need.

So you did not sign up for any plus pak?

No Plus Paks....

I really can't afford it.

My wife is going to kill me once she finds out I ordered VOOM.

I went thru the same issue when I bought my 51" WS Sony.

Is Install Inc in control of all installations nationwide?

I live in Miami.

Yes, Install Inc is in charge of all installations. They subcontract your local installer. Here's the number 888 987 3474

What's the current pricing for programming packages since the Voom web site isn't listing them? Thanks

Rad.... look at my 1st post.

39.90 gets you 24 HD channels, 45 Cable Channels, 18 Music Channels..

Plus packs go for $14.00 (HBO, SHOWTIME, ETC..)

79.99 Gets you everything!!!!!!!! ALL CHANNELS AND PLUS PACKS!

Speak to the guy first..very important..remember these subs are not employees of VOOM they do other sat installs and they are known to be late or whatever..like plummers etc..not regulated like cable is.but when all is done.you will be happy and the 79.95 isnt so bad at all..welcome

Yeah, when my installer came he would not proceed. I had D* already and asked him to mount the dish just like the D* one, but he would not. I told him my landlord had no issues with the installation, but he still would not do it. Saying they can't drill into the roof, even though the D* dish was mounted that way. He didn't even seem like he wanted to install it in the first place. I hope VOOM doesn't just pay these guys to go out when they don't do the install. His option was to hang it on the side of the building. I cancelled and call D* instead. Sure they have less programming, at least for now. But in the long term my bet is D* will outlast VOOM.

Mark

pOiNTBLaNK said:
:p Finally, a good lease program. Final details are as follows:

$0.00 Up-front
$9.50 Monthly Equipment Charge
$39.90 Monthly Programming Charge

Inculdes:
24 HD Channels
45 SD Channels
18 Music Channels

Equipment is arriving with a Dual DVI Cable!!
OTA Attenna is also inculded.

And last but not least, NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I got that out of the way. What could I expect once the Installation Guy comes to the house?

Also Overall... How is the programming and service?

Thanks in advace.

Are OTA Antennas standard with all VOOM installs? Also, what is the benefit of a dual-DVI cable and are they standard with all VOOM installs?

Thanks,
Bill

rad said:
What's the current pricing for programming packages since the Voom web site isn't listing them? Thanks

I hear that the basic VOOM package will be $49.99 after 3/31. Luckily they lock you in at $39.99 until the end of 2004 if you order before that date.

Bill

Anything on self installs? I have an old Dish 300 still pointing to 61.5 (it's been too cold to dig it up) and don't need an OTA antenna, just the STB and I'm good to go (if I decided to give them a shot).

DarrellP said:
I thought they gave you 1 plus pack with the $39.95 package?

Sean? Whats the word on this? Are they supposed to fork over one plus pack?

WLong said:
Sean? Whats the word on this? Are they supposed to fork over one plus pack?

If you signed up before 2/20, I believe you get this. I am clear yet since they have not updated their site.

Sean Mota said:
If you signed up before 2/20, I believe you get this. I am clear yet since they have not updated their site.

Sure would be nice, then I can have Starz for free... :)

WLong... DVI cables are included in the package if your TV supports it. Advantages are higher resoultion and clearer pictures. The DVI also protects the signal from being copied I think. :no

pOiNTBLaNK said:
WLong... DVI cables are included in the package if your TV supports it. Advantages are higher resoultion and clearer pictures. The DVI also protects the signal from being copied I think. :no

I have a Monster DVI Cable running from my 811 to my TV now. I plan to buy a DVI switch, so I can do 4 - 1 switching. If the VOOM Box comes with a DVI I'd like them to leave it so I have the extra cable when it comes time to do my switching.

I agree, DVI has a better picture on my Hitachi than Component does.

VOOM Widows

HDTV: Cable or Satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts