This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Just received S207 this morning. What did it fix?

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Anyone know what S207 fixed? I just got it about 6AM today.

Thats funny, we posted the same thing at the same time.

I have contacted DISH and waiting for release notes. (Note I asked for notes for 2.03 but they never sent them over... so I am hoping they will for 2.07)

I remember reading in the dish support forum a few days ago that DIRT said they were running S206 and that that fixed the number of timer issues, so hopefully that's part of S207.

Todd

nice... hopefully mine updates tonite... maybe PTAT will get unstuck in the process

nice... hopefully mine updates tonite... maybe PTAT will get unstuck in the process
If you didn't get it yet just reboot the Hopper (by using the Red Reset Button on the Hopper) and then by leaving it in screen saver mode. It should then download the update in a few minutes of being on standby.

If you didn't get it yet just reboot the Hopper (by using the Red Reset Button on the Hopper) and then by leaving it in screen saver mode. It should then download the update in a few minutes of being on standby.

Scott, is there a difference between waiting for automatic standby and power button standby?

Well, I'll tell you one thing it didn't fix. PTAT.

Not what I was hoping to hear. I was already at work before I knew there was new software but I know PTAT wasn't showing on my schedule again this morning. I was hoping I just didn't have the new software yet but I didn't check before I left.

can't seem to push it into updating. Tried on both hoppers.

reset both and waited a good hour at least in screen saver mode.

sparc said:

I now get a message from my three joeys that. A HIC is required for home networking from the joeys. Otherwise each Joey needs its own network connection!

Doing a check switch test seems to have fixed my problem of PTAT not recording.

Maybe there is hope for me after all. I wont be home until after PTAT should have kicked on tonight but I will do a check switch on both hoppers tonight or tomorrow morning and hope for the best.

I now get a message from my three joeys that. A HIC is required for home networking from the joeys. Otherwise each Joey needs its own network connection!

Sounds like DLNA/home networking will never work without a HIC (unless by some miracle you have ethernet access in every hopper/joey room or want to mess with USB wifi adapters).

Basically, just about everyone who is trying to hardwire should get a HIC with their install... even if you can connect your hopper(s) directly.

Last edited:
sparc said:

I tried the same thing and I can't force the update either. I just hope it catches it in the 1:00am update check tonight. I really want this to fix my PTAT.

Sounds like DLNA/home networking will never work without a HIC

Pretty retarded if that's the case. You mean to tell me that a system powerful enough to handle all those video streams can't route a simple ethernet connection from one adapter to another? What kind of platform is Dish using for software development? I had assumed they would be using some sort of Linux.