Just renewed 2 radios, and I got a good deal. I think

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Good morning
This is a yearly ritual for me, where I call, threaten to cancel and beg a bit, and get a lower price than what was invoiced. However, the price offered depends on whom you get and on what day or week you call.
I renewed The Select package for $83 a year, and All Access for 194 with fees. Last year, I paid 82 and $136 respectively.

Has anyone renewed recently, mid February, to shame my prices perhaps? What did you renew at?
I ask about renewers in February, because this type of thread usually goes on for years or many months, and the offers are time sensitive.

Thanks.

Good morning
This is a yearly ritual for me, where I call, threaten to cancel and beg a bit, and get a lower price than what was invoiced. However, the price offered depends on whom you get and on what day or week you call.
I renewed The Select package for $83 a year, and All Access for 194 with fees. Last year, I paid 82 and $136 respectively.

Has anyone renewed recently, mid February, to shame my prices perhaps? What did you renew at?
I ask about renewers in February, because this type of thread usually goes on for years or many months, and the offers are time sensitive.

Thanks.
Yep, $50 for the year in one car then a add on for $2 a month for the second car.

The magic words are going to cancel because I do not use it that much since I am retired and don’t drive much.

Last edited:
Good morning

Thanks.
Last April we were able to get 1 yr Sirius Select at $72.84 (with the music fee) and 1 yr All Access at $120.19 (with the music fee). Not sure if your numbers include that. This was coming off of a monthly plan at full price for each radio

We got that just by clicking the "I want to cancel" online, and those were the offers made without even needing to talk to someone.

With our renewal coming up, the only online offer we're getting is monthly SXM Mostly Music @ $12.99/mo or SXM Select @ $16.99. I'm guessing I'm going to need to chat/call to get an actual deal this time around, but I am going to wait until we're up against the renewal, not 2 months out

Reactions: NABRIL
3 weeks ago and the select package, has Stern and everything else.
the select package doesn't have Stern. Does it? You need all access for it.
EDIT. I just confirmed that Select DOES NOT have How100.

Last April we were able to get 1 yr Sirius Select at $72.84 (with the music fee) and 1 yr All Access at $120.19 (with the music fee). Not sure if your numbers include that. This was coming off of a monthly plan at full price for each radio

We got that just by clicking the "I want to cancel" online, and those were the offers made without even needing to talk to someone.
thanks Joseph. Yes, my numbers include the fees. While it's a somewhat "fun" game to call and pretend to cancel, it's annoying to hear different prices at different times depending on whom you get on the line.
THey offered me Select at $60 a year plus fees = $83 which is alright, I guess.
But, 144 a year for ALl Access plus fees = $198 is a ridiculous. The streaming-only price is even higher. Yes, this is my fault for wanting Howard's channels, but they're only available on the All Access package, despite what Bruce said. So now, I ask myself if I should call in in 2 months, for example, and fish around for a better deal on the phone for 30 minutes or so. It's frustrating. It's as if they have a wheel of prices, and they spin it when you call; if you beg more, they spin it again to see where it lands.

thanks Joseph. Yes, my numbers include the fees. While it's a somewhat "fun" game to call and pretend to cancel, it's annoying to hear different prices at different times depending on whom you get on the line.
THey offered me Select at $60 a year plus fees = $83 which is alright, I guess.
But, 144 a year for ALl Access plus fees = $198 is a ridiculous. The streaming-only price is even higher. Yes, this is my fault for wanting Howard's channels, but they're only available on the All Access package, despite what Bruce said. So now, I ask myself if I should call in in 2 months, for example, and fish around for a better deal on the phone for 30 minutes or so. It's frustrating. It's as if they have a wheel of prices, and they spin it when you call; if you beg more, they spin it again to see where it lands.
I was able to renew earlier this week for 1 year of All Access at $120.19 ($99 + $21.19 music fees). This did require the full amount paid up front.

Reactions: NABRIL
damn jwest.
That's not bad. How long were you on the phone?
That was the first offer they gave me. I told them that I don't drive much due to Covid and they gave me that offer. It matches the current offer for new subscribers - $8.25/mo plus music fees. I just needed to pay up front. I will admit that my current subscription had just ended and flipped to the high monthly rate.

That was the first offer they gave me. I told them that I don't drive much due to Covid and they gave me that offer. It matches the current offer for new subscribers - $8.25/mo plus music fees. I just needed to pay up front. I will admit that my current subscription had just ended and flipped to the high monthly rate.
i just chatted in,a nd they offered the 8.25 * 12 = $99, but with $37 in fees. You paid $21..hmmm

EDIT - I was told that fees and taxes vary by state

the select package doesn't have Stern. Does it? You need all access for it.
EDIT. I just confirmed that Select DOES NOT have How100.
Just went to my account, it says Sirius XM All Access.

The only things I listen to is Stern and the News channels which I get.

Just went to my account, it says Sirius XM All Access.

The only things I listen to is Stern and the News channels which I get.
damn. ok. how did you get that price? Is it for radio and streaming?

Oh I should've mentioned my numbers from last April were if we paid the whole year at once. The renewal rates they're offering me right now are monthly rates

Mine was all upfront payment as well. I am located in Illinois. I was previously paying $11.99/mo with $2.57 for music fees. That means the percentage is 21.4 for music fees under either deal.

1613069889366.png

Well this year they SIRIUSXM tried to hoodwink me into paying the FULL price monthly at $20+ per month with taxes etc...

I qucikcly called SXM and threatened to cancel, I told them I'm willing to renew for $60/yr +taxes.and if they can't do that then goodbye Satellite Radio. Im not driving much these days and only listen to satellite Radio when I'm traveling on road trips which now is only a few days per month. For that I can simply stream radio stations with my phone. I did it for 1 month too see how much data I used, surprisingly I never went over my 5gb per month allotment.

SXM had no issues a d agreed to charge me $62.yr for the select plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts