Just signed up for Re-Subscribe to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhutsell3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Noblesville, IN
I just signed back up today for d*. I ordered a SD DVR and an HD DVR. I was a subscriber for about 6 years and then disconected last year because I was going out of the country. I thought I got a pretty good deal.

I am looking for two things though. There used to be a cross reference thread on here that indicated what SAT the channels all came from. Before when I had service I could not get the low Alt Sat because of a tree being in the way. A large tree was cut down in my yard and now I am wondering if I can just move the Dish to a new location and on the roof to get those low sats.

Also is there anything I should look out for when the installer comes on the 22nd to do my install?

Thanks,

Well guessing at the time you were a sub and some of the things you said; sounds like you had a PhaseIII dish before and they look at 101, 110 and 119. Today's 5LNB dish still looks at those plus 99 and 103. They really are not "low" sats, but I can see where being in a particular geographic location might have some issue when trees become involved. What is your zip or LAT/LON and we could offer some coords for you to test out with your heading compass.

Well guessing at the time you were a sub and some of the things you said; sounds like you had a PhaseIII dish before and they look at 101, 110 and 119. Today's 5LNB dish still looks at those plus 99 and 103. They really are not "low" sats, but I can see where being in a particular geographic location might have some issue when trees become involved. What is your zip or LAT/LON and we could offer some coords for you to test out with your heading compass.

Sorry been away. They install tomorrow. My zip code is 46947 (Logansport, IN)

My house is on the south/south east corner of Woodside and Hillside. The Large pine tree in the back yard is now gone.

632 Woodside Dr, Logansport, IN 46947 - Google Maps

I just signed back up today for d*. I ordered a SD DVR and an HD DVR. I was a subscriber for about 6 years and then disconected last year because I was going out of the country. I thought I got a pretty good deal.

I am looking for two things though. There used to be a cross reference thread on here that indicated what SAT the channels all came from. Before when I had service I could not get the low Alt Sat because of a tree being in the way. A large tree was cut down in my yard and now I am wondering if I can just move the Dish to a new location and on the roof to get those low sats.

Also is there anything I should look out for when the installer comes on the 22nd to do my install?

Thanks,

Depending on how long you were away with DirecTV, they don't give credits, they lag onto the account which you created indefinitely.
So it appears you owned your equipment and need the latest. So if you reactivated your account which would have been in good standing, then you should be taken care of. If not we can't help you unless you were not fair with DirecTV. We cannot waive a magic wand here at satelliteguys.us, and give you what you think you should have. So if you have money which it appears you do, then just get the best deal, and continue.

Depending on how long you were away with DirecTV, they don't give credits, they lag onto the account which you created indefinitely.
So it appears you owned your equipment and need the latest. So if you reactivated your account which would have been in good standing, then you should be taken care of. If not we can't help you unless you were not fair with DirecTV. We cannot waive a magic wand here at satelliteguys.us, and give you what you think you should have. So if you have money which it appears you do, then just get the best deal, and continue.

No I already got my deal, they are coming to install tomorrow. I was looking for if there was anything I should look out for be aware of when the installer comes tomorrow.

I was also looking for general directional (Compass) help so I could know where i needed to be able to point so I know whether the Installer is just trying to blow me off like it sounds like so many of them have been doing on difficult installs.

No I already got my deal, they are coming to install tomorrow. I was looking for if there was anything I should look out for be aware of when the installer comes tomorrow.

I was also looking for general directional (Compass) help so I could know where i needed to be able to point so I know whether the Installer is just trying to blow me off like it sounds like so many of them have been doing on difficult installs.

If you had been able to get installs at that address without issues, then why would you now? Let DirecTV worry about that okay? I'm sure they will do they job that you expect.

If you had been able to get installs at that address without issues, then why would you now? Let DirecTV worry about that okay? I'm sure they will do they job that you expect.

That is my point (as stated in my original post), I was unable to get one of the SAT's "C" I think before, so yes I had issues before. At that time it was not a huge deal as they did not have the number of HD channels that they offer now. This was when they had Discovery, ESPN and that was about it. Most of the time I could not get ESPN2 in HD because it was on the low orbit Sat.

That is my point (as stated in my original post), I was unable to get one of the SAT's "C" I think before, so yes I had issues before. At that time it was not a huge deal as they did not have the number of HD channels that they offer now. This was when they had Discovery, ESPN and that was about it. Most of the time I could not get ESPN2 in HD because it was on the low orbit Sat.

Your dish should point in the same direction it did before, only difference is it will pick up 1 sat just outside of the current dish (99) and one sat 103 that is between the 101 you already get and the 110 that you already get, so youreally should be good to go.
If you want to scope the situation out, take a look at your existing dish and see what direction it is at and walk around you house and look for a better location than you have before.
Try to NOT be around trees as the tend to grow and potentially cause trouble.... you could also roof mount if you want.
I placed a pole and did it that way.

Jimbo

Does anyone know if that one Sat (119 i think, the one I had problems with) is the one that is low on the horizon. Also they rumored that the only thing that I would need it for was the International programming (Spanish, Japanese channels)? ESPN 2 used to be on that bird and that was the only one I had problems with in the summer.

I looked around the yard, and I should be able to get a new location on the back of the house that gets a better view since the one large Pine Tree in my yard is gone.

Will the Installer put a new pole in the ground if that is what it takes?

Thanks for the help so far.

Does anyone know if that one Sat (119 i think, the one I had problems with) is the one that is low on the horizon. Also they rumored that the only thing that I would need it for was the International programming (Spanish, Japanese channels)? ESPN 2 used to be on that bird and that was the only one I had problems with in the summer.

I looked around the yard, and I should be able to get a new location on the back of the house that gets a better view since the one large Pine Tree in my yard is gone.

Will the Installer put a new pole in the ground if that is what it takes?

Thanks for the help so far.

He should if you mentioned when you set the appointment up that you may need one, OR you place your own and let him know thats where you want it. Thats what I did. the pole went up in under an hour and I gave it 24 hours to set, but you can get by with quickcrete much quicker.
If you go this or they do it, make sure to use concrete, don't just plant it with the dirt. also drill a hole and place a bolt thru the bottom before setting. This will keep it from turning in the future.
My post is Schedule 40 galvinized 16' on the side of the house supported with bracing onto the house.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts