Just signed up online, 2 questions

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
I just signed up for the va va voom package online and have two questions..

1) can the voom receiver accept a usb wireless broadband connection instead of the phone line?
2) will the installer bring the antenna that will be required for my "local" channel programming or will i need to purchase that seperately?

Welcome to the forum

1- nope.
2- Check with them first. go to www.antennaweb.org and find out what they recommend. Then call them and find out what type of model of antenna they are bringing and you can compare.

sjones,
The answer to question #2 is Yes, the antenna is included. You do not have to purchase this seperately. Sean is talking about the fact that sometimes the installers bring whatever is standard at the moment, but it may not work in your location. They will put it up anyway, and then you have to call to have it upgraded or replaced. You can avoid that hassle (sometimes) by doing a little research ahead of time, and then confirming with the installer on the model that you think might work best.

When I had mine installed, I got all locals except one. I lived with it for several months, but then asked for an upgrade. Voom responded with a brand new upgraded OTA for $0.00, and now I get all the locals just fine.

On the first question: The only alternative to land-line phone line that works with VOOM is a VoIP connection over a broadband Internet connection (a service like Vonage). Of course for now the phone line requirement is not yet enforced anyway.