just starting my first setup for FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shoes

Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've just been outside with my compass and angle locator along with my list of some Sat,s i thought would be of interest when I install the T-90.
I have found my Lat and Long through the web and accounted for local deviation.
When I checked the elevation on one heading and compared the angle to the angle of my neighbors dish (eyeball method at this point) there seems to be a difference of about 20 or more degrees. Could someone point out if i've done something wrong to this point. This is my first attempt at setting up a system for FTA. Also if anyone could recommend Sat's of interest I'd appreciate that.
Shoes
:confused:

Right you are!

Thanks for the response Phlatwound. I do remember reading that now that you mention it, thankyou.
Would you have any advice on SAT's with interesting programing including audio?
I have 2 Wave Frontier M20R Dual and 2 Pansat M20R LNB's.

I know next to nothing about them but if I recall correctly the T-90 will "see" about 30-35 degrees of the arc? If that is true, and I was setting one up, I would try for something like 72W-103W.

Look at "The List" and see what interests you:

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

A lot of the Ku sports/news feeds can also be found in that eastern part of the arc (viewable from the U.S.).

This is my first attempt at setting up a system for FTA.
There's a lot to be familiar with, when setting up your first system.
What receiver do you have?

As for setting up a T-90, search the forum, here.
Use "Advanced Search" if necessary.
Iceberg, the FTA forum moderator, has written extensively about installing his.
At a very least, read up on what he's written.

You should find links to a particular dish-pointing site and procedure, geared especially to the T-90's.
I think that info is far superior to just using the regular pointing sites, as it helps you compensate for T-90 peculiarities.

Heres the list

T-90, DM7020s, 2x Wave Frontier M20R circular lnb's, 2x Pansat PF7600 linear lnb's and a new (got it today) First Strike FS1 sat finder. No Cable as of yet but I do have a run of just over 150 ft to cover and it will have to be buried.

Be sure to use "flooded" cable, which is designed for direct burial, on your cable run. This cable features a compound which keeps moisture out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)