Just switched from Uverse to DTV.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sportsguy15

Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Fort Smith, AR
Finally got fed up of the constant freezing my Gateway does(I've had 4 techs out here in the past year). They would fix it, and it keeps coming back. The PQ seems pretty bad as well, but I'm only comparing it to Cox Cable, which is bad as well... but seems better than Uverse. So I made the switch. I ordered 2 HD DVR and 2 Standard receivers. What are the chances I will receive the HR24's? If for some reason the local install guys are out, will they just give me older models? I don't think I'd want an older unit. Thanks! PS: Is there anyway to find out who my local installer is for my area?

U-Verse is one of the worst providers, IMO. I would rank them below many cable companies.

Here is my personal list of what is best:

1. FiOs
2. DirecTV
3. Dish
4. Most large and some small cable companies
5. U-Verse
6. The other cable companies

As far as your question, try using Dishstore.net

@Dogerking, you nailed it with your order of providers. Fios is amazing and D is just as good. If I had a choice I would pick Fios for the bundling aspect.....but, NH being the jacked up state it is I can't get Fios so Direct it is. But I'm happy with D.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the replies. Being an ATT employee I was happy to get uverse with my discount. But as soon as I got it I was shocked at how poor the quality of HD was.

Can't wait for Wednesday. I just hope it quits raining.

Although the speed of the HR24 is a bit better than the older receivers, the user interface is exactly the same. I wouldn't be too upset with a re-furb if I got a good deal on installation.

U-Verse is one of the worst providers, IMO. I would rank them below many cable companies.

Here is my personal list of what is best:

1. FiOs
2. DirecTV
3. Dish
4. Most large and some small cable companies
5. U-Verse
6. The other cable companies

As far as your question, try using Dishstore.net

Interesting ?

Have you actually used all these services or are you going on what you hear ?

Just curious ...

Jimbo said:
Interesting ?

Have you actually used all these services or are you going on what you hear ?

Just curious ...

Both

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Instead of listing direct and dish and 2 and 3, I should have just listed both together as 2

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)