Just switched to Comcast from Verizon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I just switched to Comcast from Verizon. Verizon doesn't have FIOS in my town and I got tired of waiting. I still have Verizon for my phone service. I'm thinking of changing that over also.

I bought my cable modem. If I decide to switch my phone service over I want to bye the new equipment. My question is who makes the equipment that Comcast is renting to their customers? I live in Southern New Jersey if that matters.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Hey NR2D. Please let us know how your experience is from Verizon to Comcast! New Jersey is a hit and miss. Some areas of the cable system hold up really well.. Others need a lot of work and have a lot of trouble.

Comcast uses Arris for their Cable Modems. STB Pace, Arris, Motorola and Scientific Atlanta. Depending on market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after 1 week so far so good. Speeds are great so far. I talked to a couple of neighbors after I made the switch and they are happy with the speeds and reliability. The installer brought a cable modem in the was for tv, phone and Internet but since I bought my cable modem, Internet only, I gave it back to him.

After cancelling Verizon Internet my telephone only bill doubled. So now I'm looking to cut my ties with Verizon completely. I have Dish Network for tv and love them. I just upgraded my Dish equipment for n February so I don't plan on leaving them for the foreseeable future. I'll ask my neighbors what their equipment is since they rent the equipment.

Try Magic Jack for home phone, $35 dollars a year, works great, plugged into my owned modem, Comcast Extreme 150 service, never a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts