just switched to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know why anyone would buy a TIVO DVR at this point, seeing they do not do any MPEG4 processing, you only get about 10 HD channels if that.
Unless of course your plan is to use it for OTA only.

Personally, I prefer one machine to do everything I need :)
Only way you'll see D* together with TIVO again is if they BUY them.

Jimbo

Gotta read closer :) he bought a SD dvr, which I just did as well, I bought a R10...yep thats right looks like Directv will be getting my business (just got DIsh after havin cable, moved into a new house, Sats didnt look good, long story...anyways trees gone/custom install)..but we needed more then 4-5 boxes, and DIsh was really Hassling us lately because we have 5 boxes, yes I got the audit team, and also I got questioned when I bought another box and hassled because I had so many boxes on my account, so I got a HD DVR, a HD box, a DVR, 2 R10, and 3 SD boxes (and yes I have that many tvs, we have a upstairs and downstairs house in which we like to entertain :) ) My install is this wed, between 8 and noon, I am excited, and sad as the 722 is hands down the best box.

I don't know why anyone would buy a TIVO DVR at this point, seeing they do not do any MPEG4 processing, you only get about 10 HD channels if that.
Unless of course your plan is to use it for OTA only.

Personally, I prefer one machine to do everything I need :)
Only way you'll see D* together with TIVO again is if they BUY them.

Jimbo
Is SD in Mpeg 4 now or something? I wouldn't get any HD channels since its not an HD receiver. I have 2 TVs that are HD and 3 that aren't. So SD programming is still more important to me then HD.

Gotta read closer :) he bought a SD dvr, which I just did as well, I bought a R10...yep thats right looks like Directv will be getting my business .
Thank you , And from what I understand these TiVo DVRs are way better then the Directv R15 and R16 now. I could easily see that to be true. My R 16 isn't to impressive. Reminds me of my old H20. Slow to respond and reboots seem common.

D* is working on the R22, which uses the same software design as the HR20/HR21 series, and offers MPEG4 decoding. Works with VOD too. Will be a very welcome replacement for the R15/R16 when they get them into mass production.

They're available in a few markets now, but still very early product.

i just finished the installation. it took forever for the activation. something about the wrong zip code or something. i helped the installer since the guy was pretty old besides he noticed the job i did with the E installation so he didn't second guess anything i told him. so far i'm impressed. let you know more later. thanks guys,

i just finished the installation. it took forever for the activation. something about the wrong zip code or something. i helped the installer since the guy was pretty old besides he noticed the job i did with the E installation so he didn't second guess anything i told him. so far i'm impressed. let you know more later. thanks guys,

Get that ethernet connection going so your VoD stuff can start to populate so yo can play with that also. Enjoy!

So far so good. my hr21-100 is a bit slow but the h21-200 is lightning quick. the hd picture so far beats E really well. the one thing i wish besides the dvr being quicker is that we had 4 or 5 favorites list. i had 4 with E fully customizable another with hd only and another with all chan. hope there is an update soon that will give us these extras. the response to the remote on the hr21 is a little better with the harmony. The h21 is excellent and quick! i'm going to keep on playing with it. maybe i'll start today with CE. later :up

So far so good. my hr21-100 is a bit slow but the h21-200 is lightning quick. the hd picture so far beats E really well. the one thing i wish besides the dvr being quicker is that we had 4 or 5 favorites list. i had 4 with E fully customizable another with hd only and another with all chan. hope there is an update soon that will give us these extras. the response to the remote on the hr21 is a little better with the harmony. The h21 is excellent and quick! i'm going to keep on playing with it. maybe i'll start today with CE. later :up
My HR 20 is still a bit slow too.

My HR 20 is still a bit slow too.

from when you hot your hr-20 until now, have the software updates improved these boxes? can we expect them to react quicker in the future when they perfect the software? the box seems to have lots of potential.

from when you hot your hr-20 until now, have the software updates improved these boxes? can we expect them to react quicker in the future when they perfect the software? the box seems to have lots of potential.
Yes it has improved. Slowly but non the less improved. The 622 is way better no doubt.

Yes it has improved. Slowly but non the less improved. The 622 is way better no doubt.

agreed. although from what i've seen the HR21 has the capacity to be closer to the 622 so i wonder why it isn't yet.:)

sorry for all the questions. if i add another hr21 and a h21 will this void the offer i got with D? just want to be careful not to lose this deal. :confused:

well a update on my situation, so far so great! the only thing that is hard is coming from the 722 to the HR21...and please dont read into that. The HR21 is a great box with a AMAZING feature set...its just a bit slow...once I become adjusted I will be fine. I love Dvr scheduling, and I must say the slimline looks really nice on the roof as compared to 2 dish 500's! My r22 has been good, and it is faster then the R15, once my R10's show up I will be a very very happy person. cant wait to try a CE, just to see what we got!

The HR21 is a great box with a AMAZING feature set...its just a bit slow...once I become adjusted I will be fine.

The latest CE is now starting to roll out as a national update and it helps a bit with the speed. And don't forget, in the display settings change the scrolling effects to off, it helps a little bit scrolling through the guide.

Also, do know how to change the 30second slip to a 30 second skip?

well a update on my situation, so far so great! the only thing that is hard is coming from the 722 to the HR21...and please dont read into that. The HR21 is a great box with a AMAZING feature set...its just a bit slow...once I become adjusted I will be fine. I love Dvr scheduling, and I must say the slimline looks really nice on the roof as compared to 2 dish 500's! My r22 has been good, and it is faster then the R15, once my R10's show up I will be a very very happy person. cant wait to try a CE, just to see what we got!

same here. i already got used to the hr21 and it is a great box that will get better. i'm still waiting for the latest update to check out the improvements. on the 30 sec slip or skip i actually went back to slip. i kind of like it better than the skip which is what you and i are used to with the 622/722.

shooting in the dark, but I wonder if jason or anyone knows if there will be a correction added to FF/REW...meaning if I fast forward in 30x, and I press play instead of stopping on the frame I stopped at, it goes back about 5 seconds....so I dont miss any of the show.

shooting in the dark, but I wonder if jason or anyone knows if there will be a correction added to FF/REW...meaning if I fast forward in 30x, and I press play instead of stopping on the frame I stopped at, it goes back about 5 seconds....so I dont miss any of the show.

30X FF, what box do you have, I've only ever seen 4X FF or RW;)

Anyway, yes auto correction is there now, it's not a fixed amount but based on how fast you're going. I just double checked using the HDNet test pattern which has the countdown clock and it was doing autocorrection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts