Just switched to Direct..whole home DVR issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JRMTactical

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Arkansas
Got my new system installed (for the most part) yesterday. The kid that was doing the install was awesome. I've got and HD DVR (newest model) and 3 HD receivers. The poor kid was on the phone for over an hour with Direct...trying to get the HD receivers to recognize the DVR. He said it COULD be something wrong with the DVR....but HIS tech guy says it may be something to do with the splitter he used. Haven't signed off on anything yet ...he will come back to try to fix it this evening. Anybody else have a simmer issue??

Got my new system installed (for the most part) yesterday. The kid that was doing the install was awesome. I've got and HD DVR (newest model) and 3 HD receivers. The poor kid was on the phone for over an hour with Direct...trying to get the HD receivers to recognize the DVR. He said it COULD be something wrong with the DVR....but HIS tech guy says it may be something to do with the splitter he used. Haven't signed off on anything yet ...he will come back to try to fix it this evening. Anybody else have a simmer issue??

Had the same issue...The two H-23's did not recognize the two HR-24's...They came back and added a module to the back of the two H-23's and all is now well.

It might have been the CSR on the phone. Last week I had a DirecTV system installed. The Tech was very good and had everything done, then it came time to call in to DirecTV. It took two calls to get my receivers all activated as the CSR on the phone missed one. I then found out the the MRV was not on. The Tech verified all the wiring and everything was working. He called DirecTV back and waited FOREVER to get the TECH department. The Tech went over the entire install with CSR (AGAIN). Turned out the first CSR didn't turn on the MRV, and the Tech Department couldn't do that so the TECH had to be transfered back to another CSR.

The Last CSR turned on MRV (supposedly), but no MRV, after an hour on the phone and no luck I had to ask the Tech to leave and come back the following morning (It was 6pm). At 9pm the Tech that installed my system called me back and as it turned out the last CSR on the phone didn't activate my MRV, but MRV on the tech's personal home account. So my Tech straightened it out with DirecTV before he called me back at 9pm, he told me to reset the receiver and it should be working, after the receiver reboot my MRV was on and working.

John

It might have been the CSR on the phone. Last week I had a DirecTV system installed. The Tech was very good and had everything done, then it came time to call in to DirecTV. It took two calls to get my receivers all activated as the CSR on the phone missed one. I then found out the the MRV was not on. The Tech verified all the wiring and everything was working. He called DirecTV back and waited FOREVER to get the TECH department. The Tech went over the entire install with CSR (AGAIN). Turned out the first CSR didn't turn on the MRV, and the Tech Department couldn't do that so the TECH had to be transfered back to another CSR.

The Last CSR turned on MRV (supposedly), but no MRV, after an hour on the phone and no luck I had to ask the Tech to leave and come back the following morning (It was 6pm). At 9pm the Tech that installed my system called me back and as it turned out the last CSR on the phone didn't activate my MRV, but MRV on the tech's personal home account. So my Tech straightened it out with DirecTV before he called me back at 9pm, he told me to reset the receiver and it should be working, after the receiver reboot my MRV was on and working.

John

That's Ridiculous.

to get my mrv install correctly on oct9th the tech had to do a software update on the hr24
it wasnt showing an mrv option, although the h24 could see the list

he updated software on both and it all worked fine

Could be alot of reasons it does not work. Direct may not have activated it. They may not have installed the proper system. Tech may have forgotten to use DECA's depending on the receivers. Tech may have used a non-MRV splitter. Tech may not have setup the receivers properly. Tech may not have done the required software download to get MRV to work.............

Interesting your tech was on the phone for so long with the office. My tech had a windows mobile phone with an app that provisioned the DVRs. He even wrote names like Living Room and Office on the equipment, using the stylus and his phone. Seems like it activated everything over the internet. No long hold times, no one to talk to and get things messed up.

Let us know if it doesn't get fixed. With some basic details about your system and install, we should be able to troubleshoot the problem....

The tech should always verify MRV before departing. When activating a hi def recvr (h24)you get transferred to a live person. They can verify MRV on the acct. 99% of the time whole home will not work without downloading software.

splitter and lnb gotta be green label SWM as well

Last edited:
Fixed

Well, here's the deal...I got the MRV (Whole Home DVR) working! Here is what I think the problem was. Nothing. I think he was confused by the "No Network DVR's Detected" on the STATUS screen of the DVR in the Living Room. I reset all of the receivers and checked all of the cabling runs to see if there was some sort of 'break' in the circuit. I couldn't find any. Initially he had plugged my Ethernet cable from my router directly into the HR24-500 (which disabled the onboard DECA). I then think he just didn't give enough time between the reset of the DVR and 3 other HD receivers for them to recognize each other. So I called him back (he gave me his cell phone #)--and explained that the direct ethernet connection to the reciever disabled the DECA--blah blah blah, and that he should come back with a power supplly for the DECA and a splitter for the SWIM power supply and we should be set to hook up the internet connection. I only had to read through about 20 threads here to get it all figured out for him. The kid was extremely pleasant to deal with, and very helpful.....I don't think they've had enough training on this setup, though....because he didn't know a direct internet connection to the HR24-500 disabled the built in DECA. Whew!! Long Post!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts