Just switched to DirecTV HD... WOW!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moses

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
I've been a happy DirecTV customer for years, but yesterday I installed a new home theater setup in my bedroom. (It's a big room).

I put in a Pioneer Elite 50" FHD-1 TV
Yamaha YSP-1100 reciever/sound bar.
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subwoofer
HR-20 DirecTV HD DVR

The 1080 images are amazing! Can't wait for more HD content.
Although the room shape is not ideal for the Yamaha 1100, the sound is great. Far better than I had hoped. The outlaw subwoofer damn near brings the walls down.

SLIGHT problem. I'd like the HR20 remote to contol the volume on the Yamaha YSP 1100, but none of the standard Yamaha codes work. Any ideas? I'd rather not use a universal remote if I can avoid it.

Moses

Glad to see you are happy with the setup. You can now sit back and wait for a few weeks with the rest of us to get more HD.

I've been a happy DirecTV customer for years, but yesterday I installed a new home theater setup in my bedroom. (It's a big room).

I put in a Pioneer Elite 50" FHD-1 TV
Yamaha YSP-1100 reciever/sound bar.
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subwoofer
HR-20 DirecTV HD DVR

The 1080 images are amazing! Can't wait for more HD content.
Although the room shape is not ideal for the Yamaha 1100, the sound is great. Far better than I had hoped. The outlaw subwoofer damn near brings the walls down.

SLIGHT problem. I'd like the HR20 remote to contol the volume on the Yamaha YSP 1100, but none of the standard Yamaha codes work. Any ideas? I'd rather not use a universal remote if I can avoid it.

AND... just ignore everyone else that has NEVER seen you setup and are just negative out of jealousy.

I agree,

Moses,How do you like the Pioneer ?
I am waiting for the 60" Pioneer Elite 1080p panel to come out next month.

I have been working alot of Overtime and think I will put it towards the new set, just have to justify the expense when the current 60" Sony XBR has nothing wrong with it.

Jimbo

Thats what I do with all your posts. If you read his title and then read his story ,you'd know why we asked who his provider WAS. Your posts are completely uncalled for.

His post says that he was a happy Directv customer for years. I guess you know who is provider was prior to going HD. Charpers comment was 100% called for becuase you know right from the start where vurbano was going with the post.

So what was the switch? NO HD to HD?

Yep that is what I took the switch to be.

Plus everyone is has an opinion,like it or not just because its not the same,doesn't make it wrong.

People are intitled to their own opinion but they don't have to shove it down your throat all the time. Why cant people be happy that others are enjoying their service.

Yep that is what I took the switch to be.

People are intitled to their own opinion but they don't have to shove it down your throat all the time. Why cant people be happy that others are enjoying their service.

thank you

Doesn't sound like any to me. Maybe OTA?

Same conclusion here.. the OP would be really wowed if he saw other HD that wasn't like DirecTV's MPEG2 HD.

A next door neighbor of a good friend of mine was having his AT9 taken down and a Dish1000 put up in its place. I asked why he was changing since they are getting more HD soon. His answer was simply "I'm tired of their crap HD, it looks like DVD's. I don't care if they have 150 HD channels, they've already proved it will look like crap. Plus I'm tired of waiting."

Sorry wasn't clear enough. I've been a DirecTV customer for at least 10 years, but recently switched to HD.

The Pioneer is amazing. Last night we watched Into the Blue. Jessica Alba in HD is truly something to behold. The underwater scenes are breathtaking. What amazed me is the performance of the Yamaha 1100 with the Outlaw sub. The room was filled with sound.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how I can get the HR20 remote to control the Yamaha YSP 1100? Thanks!

Sorry wasn't clear enough. I've been a DirecTV customer for at least 10 years, but recently switched to HD.

The Pioneer is amazing. Last night we watched Into the Blue. Jessica Alba in HD is truly something to behold. The underwater scenes are breathtaking. What amazed me is the performance of the Yamaha 1100 with the Outlaw sub. The room was filled with sound.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how I can get the HR20 remote to control the Yamaha YSP 1100? Thanks!

There is a thread on how to make it work. Vurbano, weren't you involved in that thread?

If you think DirecTV HD is good you should see some real HD... OTA, HD DVD, or Blu-Ray. You'd truely be wowed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)