Just "upgraded" my 625 to 150 hrs record time

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Thank you satelliteguys for informing me that this upgrade was available....I just wonder why Dish doesn't inform their customers about this.

Just curious, but how did you empty the hard drive ? I mean, did you watch everything, just delete stuff whether you wanted it or not, skip recording some shows ?
We watched everything and deleted as we did so. As for deleting stuff we didn't want to, we had nothing on our receiver that we couldn't live without. If there was, we would have hooked up a DVD-Recorder and recorded it to DVD.

With the skipping recordings, you can adjust the time of the daily update to close to the current time and it will run the update fairly quickly. You just need to make sure that you allow it to run through the check (I think it takes about 15 minutes) and that there are NO timers scheduled to run during the time.

Geoff

I have yet to do this, i got very valuable ppv events i recorded :(

I dont have a dvd recorder :(

Its the way the video is compressed, they changed it or something and thats why you get 50 more hours. Not bad tho!

Just curious, but how did you empty the hard drive ? I mean, did you watch everything, just delete stuff whether you wanted it or not, skip recording some shows ?

We watched all the stuff we really wanted to see and deleted some movies that have been sitting unwatched for months......i didn't have to skip any recordings. In a few months, the extra space will come in very handy.

Curious about something.... has anyone ever just cloned their DVR drive to a giant 500+GB hd and stuck it back in to see what would happen?

I decided top bite the bullet and i erased all my recordings, it kinda hurt since i dont have a dvd recorder or even a vcr/ or the time to record.. I erased all recordoings, did a front panel reset. at15 then at 330. it took a while to download the guide and BAM 150 hours!!! NICE

I hope they find some sort of compression so that they can do 200 hrs! or external hard drive for the 625. CMON DISH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)