Just upgraded to 922!!

I disagree! The only people I know who don't like it are the haters on here.

A 922 is not nor will ever be a 722. I used to think otherwise until I started to mess with them. Claude, I'm surprised you have the opinion you do.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

But what makes it better, for $48 a year? (Given it is reported the 722 will do 3D for those that want that) I realize it has a different interface but is it that much better? Given it is free to upgrade for some, it certainly isn't as bad as giving them $200 plus the $48!

I was told a week ago by an online chat with Dish that both of my 722s could be upgraded for free to 922s on Oct. 1. Today have done 3 online chats and not a single one of them says that it is available. I AM PISSED!!!

Can one of you people at Dish Network help me so that I can get my 922s for free? I was told that I am a Grade A customer.
What's going on here? I am not happy!!!

I just found out I can upgrade for free too. couple of questions
1. cost will be a wash since i pay for the integration of google TV but don't use this option. so save $4 on that and cost $4 for sling on the 922. is this correct
2. I plan on still having the google tv connected to the 922 but just wont have the search function.
3. does it cost for the OTA modules and how many are there
4. Coxal to 2nd tv SD only is this an option
5. Wife Compatible - is this new GUI Wire Compatible or will this start WWIII.

Thanks

Free is good........I like my 922 and it wasn't free. Things are evening out, even Sling is better, although the new Blockbuster feature is not currently available for the 922.......? (compatibility coming soon) so says Dish.
I have the 722K also, I prefer the 922. I was thinking of getting another 922 to replace the 722K but with the advent of the new Xip series I think I'll wait and see what that's about.

I chatted first thing this morning, the rep said they were no free, didn't know anything of the "free 922"

Just called...after 11min wait I ended the call.

I cant have mine installed until Wednesday anyways...no big deal.

Are they trying to get rid of the 922's in anticipation of the roll out of the XIP?

Usually, when DISH decides to release a new "Flagship" receiver , they try to clear out the old "Flagship" receivers. Which would explain the drop in price to certain class of subs.

I like the 922 but don't think its worth the extra $4 a month. For most people they would be better off with a 722k with Sling Adapter.

I was told a week ago by an online chat with Dish that both of my 722s could be upgraded for free to 922s on Oct. 1. Today have done 3 online chats and not a single one of them says that it is available. I AM PISSED!!!

Can one of you people at Dish Network help me so that I can get my 922s for free? I was told that I am a Grade A customer.
What's going on here? I am not happy!!!

Send me a PM and I will see what I can do. It does vary by account but I have gotten a lot qualified today! There is a limit of ONE ViP922 Slingloaded DVR per account.

Last edited:
I just found out I can upgrade for free too. couple of questions
1. cost will be a wash since i pay for the integration of google TV but don't use this option. so save $4 on that and cost $4 for sling on the 922. is this correct
2. I plan on still having the google tv connected to the 922 but just wont have the search function.
3. does it cost for the OTA modules and how many are there
4. Coxal to 2nd tv SD only is this an option
5. Wife Compatible - is this new GUI Wire Compatible or will this start WWIII.

Thanks

1. No, They have seperated this charge and the $4.00 fee for the Logitech Revue is a DVR Intergration Fee and will be on top of the $10.00 DVR Service Fee.

2. You will not have to pay the $4.00 when connected to the 922 as it will not integrate the Google search.

3. You would need to purchase an MT2 OTA module for $50.00. There is not a built in OTA port.

4. TV2 is SD and can be a coax cable.

5. Not sure I understand this one but my money is with your wife!